- duration 43 days
- tour type Group Tour
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 18+ years old
- Guided tour of Xi'an's world famous Terracotta Warriors
- Overnight homestay at a traditional rural Kyrgyz village
- Explore the colourful natural phenomenon of the Rainbow Mountains
- Stay overnight in a Lijiashan cliffside guesthouse built into a cave
The western end of the Silk Route, is arguably the most historic. This was the end that
started it all, when the Han Chinese emperor Wudi commissioned Zhang Qian to open up
trade to Central Asia and to map the route.
The link between the Central Asian country of Kyrgyzstan and China is the remote Torugart
Pass, and our route takes us through this high Tian Shan mountain pass to the fabled city of
Kashgar with its unique Sunday Market.
Then there is the vast Taklimakan Desert, the western end of the Gobi and some stunning
scenery complete with oasis towns of major historic importance to the Silk Road. The route
then climbs onto the lower slopes of the wild Tibetan Plateau through to the holy Tibetan
town of Xiahe. It’s not until we reach Xi’an that we really hit China’s tourist trail and that is
where the trip ends; it’s a perfect example of the importance of the journey and not the
Day 1: Beijing
Day 2: Beijing
Day 3 - 4: Chengde
Day 5: Jinshanling
Day 6 - 7: Datong
Day 8 - 9: Wutai Shan
Day 10 - 11: Pingyao
Day 12: Lijiashan
Day 13 - 14: Yan'an
Day 15: Xi'an
Day 16: Xi'an
Day 17: Xi'an
Day 18: Xi'an
Day 19 - 20: Pingliang
Day 21 - 23: Xiahe
Day 24: Liujiaxia
Day 25: Zhangye
Day 26: Zhangye
Day 27 - 28: Dunhuang
Day 29 - 30: Turpan
Day 31 - 32: Heavenly Lake
Day 33 - 34: Bayanbulak
Day 35 - 37: Kashgar
Day 38: Kashgar
Day 39 - 40: Tash Rabat
Day 41: Kochkor
Day 42: Bishkek
Day 43: Bishkek
- Overland expedition vehicle, Public bus, Taxi, Boat, Metro
- 2 Dragoman crew, Local guides where necessary, 1 local crew in certain areas
- 5% Camping - 95% Hotels
- Any international flights to Beijing and from Chuy Province are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Kyrgyzstan & the Chinese Silk Route tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Dragoman. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 249 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 165 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 60 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Kyrgyzstan & the Chinese Silk Route tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Kyrgyzstan & the Chinese Silk Route tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.