- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 19 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 18
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- See the Terracotta Warriors in Xi'an
The Great Wall, the Forbidden City, Terracotta Warriors and Giant Pandas - China's iconic sights need little introduction and we visit them all on this comprehensive and varied journey. Equally inspiring are China's great scenic attractions including the breathtaking Three Gorges on the Yangtze River and the serene limestone mountains around Yangshuo. China remains one of the world's 'must-see' destinations; from ultra-modern Shanghai to the wizened faces of ancient Chinese villagers, this trip reveals a country as fascinating and beguiling as ever.
Day 1: Arrive Beijing
Day 2: Sightseeing in Beijing
Day 3: Visit the Great Wall
Day 4: Beijing; overnight train to Xi'an
Day 5: Morning walking tour of the Muslim quarter and mosque; free afternoon or
optional cycle ride
Day 6: Day trip to visit the Terracotta Warriors
Day 7: Bullet train to Chengdu; afternoon sightseeing tour
Day 8: Sightseeing trip to Leshan Giant Buddha; return to Chengdu
Day 9: Visit the Giant Panda Breeding Research Centre; to Chongqing, board cruise
Day 10-11: Two full days cruising the Yangtze River including the Three Gorges and the
Day 12: Disembark cruise; overnight sleeper train to Liuzhou
Day 13: Arrive Liuzhou; transfer to Yangshuo; afternoon cookery class
Day 14: Explore the local countryside by bike; meal with a local family
Day 15: Free day in Yangshuo, surrounded by towering limestone scenery.
Day 16: To Guilin for flight to Shanghai; evening tour along the Bund
Day 17: Visit Xitang water town
Day 18: Full day in Shanghai
Day 19: End Shanghai
- All accommodation
- 18 breakfasts, 9 lunches, 3 dinners
- All transport and listed activities
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to Beijing and from Shanghai are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Imperial China & Yangtze River Cruise tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 224 today.
- Earn US$ 149+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Imperial China & Yangtze River Cruise tour. You can cancel the tour up to 71 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 70 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 05 February 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 05 February 2022, a deposit of 15% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 70 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Imperial China & Yangtze River Cruise tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Imperial China & Yangtze River Cruise tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Group sizes are kept small to maintain a low risk ‘small group bubble’, with an average of 10 guests in each group.
- Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- All travellers will be required to be fully vaccinated no less than two weeks prior to travel.