- duration 13 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Hike remote sections of the Great Wall
- Cycle through the sublime limestone scenery of Yangshuo
- Visit to the Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square and the Temple of Heaven in Beijing
- View the Terracotta Warriors in Xian and cycle along the ancient city walls
Hike and bike through history on this epic journey to discover the natural and man made icons of China. China is a country of vast natural beauty and majestic man-made wonders that simply must be experienced up close to fully appreciate their essence. To get you there we have designed an innovative hike and bike adventure commencing in Beijing with a two day hike on a remote section of the Great Wall. We then explore the Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square and the Summer Palace. By train we arrive in historic Xian where thousands of Terracotta Warriors lie in wait, before travelling southwest to the colourful province of Yunnan. Here we discover the Naxi people in the World Heritage town of Lijiang then hike though one of the deepest and most stunning gorges in the world; Tiger Leaping Gorge. We save the best to last as we cycle the picture book limestone landscape of Yangshuo that has inspired painters and poets for centuries. We complete our trip upon arrival in the vibrant, fast paced city of Hong Kong.
Day 1 : Arrive Beijing
Day 2 : Hike the Great Wall Jinshanling
Day 3 : Hike the Great Wall Gubeikou
Day 4 : Return to Beijing, sightseeing
Day 5 : Morning Cycle in Beijing. Overnight train to Xian
Day 6 : In Xian
Day 7 : Fly to Lijiang, City Tour
Day 8 : Transfer to Tiger Leaping Gorge, commence hike
Day 9 : Morning Hike in Tiger Leaping Gorge, return to Lijiang
Day 10 : Fly to Guilin, transfer to Yangshou
Day 11 : Yangshou by Bike
Day 12 : Yangshou Hike & Li River Cruise
Day 13 : Train to Hong Kong, trip concludes
- Comfortable hotels and guest houses on twin share basis
- 12 breakfasts, 5 lunches and 4 dinners
- Internal flights Xian/Lijiang/Guilin valued at US$664
- Private air-conditioned vehicles
- Expert bilingual guides throughout. For smaller groups of 2 - 5 passengers we employ expert local guides in each location.
- Soft sleeper train travel
- Bike hire as listed in itinerary
- Sightseeing and entry fees as listed in itinerary
- Medical kit
- International flights and departure taxes
- Visa costs
- Travel Insurance (compulsory)
- Bike helmet (compulsory)
- Items of a personal nature such as laundry, postage, alcoholic beverages
- Tips and gratuities
- Bookmundi is partner with World Expeditions. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 170 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 113 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 325 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure. For any departures within 29 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Hike & Bike China tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Hike & Bike China tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.