- duration 11 days
- tour type Cruise
- age requirement 2+ years old
A spellbinding odyssey through 5,000 years of Chinese culture and history.
Journey through a land of contrasts—skyscrapers and ancient temples, serene gardens and bustling city streets—to discover the heart of this ever-changing country. From China’s staggering architectural monuments—the Forbidden City, Summer Palace and Great Wall—to the natural beauty of the Yangtze River’s Three Gorges, this itinerary introduces a discerning traveler to China’s highlights. The unique experience that is China fills your senses from the moment you arrive: the sound of Mandarin in Beijing’s streets, the scent of delicate Xi’an dumplings, the detailing on terra-cotta figures that have survived for millennia. Simultaneously ancient and contemporary, China must be heard, seen and felt to be understood—and Uniworld’s experts will be on hand to guide you through this vast land, as you delve into China’s cultural legacy and timeless wonders.
Day 1: Beijing
Day 2: Beijing
Day 3: Beijing
Day 4: Beijing, Fly to Xi’an
Day 5: Xi’an
Day 6: Xi’an, Fly to Chongqing (Embark), Cruising the Yangtze River
Day 7: Cruising the Yangtze River
Day 8: Cruising the Yangtze River, Shennong Stream
Day 9: Cruising the Yangtze River, Yichang (Disembark), Fly to Shanghai
Day 10: Shanghai
Day 11: Depart Shanghai
- 3-night cruise in a riverview suite on the stunning Sanctuary Yangzi Explorer
- Lavishly appointed riverview suites, all with private balconies
- 3 nights in Beijing at the Ritz-Carlton Beijing (or similar)
- 2 nights in Xi'an at the Hyatt Regency Xi'an (or similar)
- 2 nights in Shanghai at the Fairmont Peace Hotel (or similar)
- Meals onboard prepared using the finest and freshest ingredients
- 10 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 7 dinners
- Farewell Dinner
- Complimentary house wine, local spirits and beer,. soft drinks, tea, and coffee will be served at the Explorer Bar, deck 6, between 3pm and 11pm throughout the cruise. Onboard lunches and dinner include complimentary house wine, local beer, soft drinks, coffee and tea. Onshore lunches and dinners include complimentary soft drinks, coffee and tea
- 9 days of excursions, all fully hosted by English-speaking local experts
- 1 country: China
- 5 UNESCO World Heritage sites
- Services of an experienced Uniworld Tour Manager
- Cultural enrichment
- All transfers on arrival and departure days
- Gratuities for onboard personnel (ship staff, crew, Cruise/Tour Manager) are included during the cruise/tour
- Any international flights to Beijing and from Shanghai are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Highlights of China & the Yangtze (2021) tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 199+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Highlights of China & the Yangtze (2021) tour. You can cancel the tour up to 121 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 120 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 May 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 May 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 120 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Highlights of China & the Yangtze (2021) tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Highlights of China & the Yangtze (2021) tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.