- duration 8 days
- tour type Private
- tour_type Private tour
- minimum participants 3
- age requirement 18+ years old
- age_requirement 18+ years old
- Discover the beauty of the Great Wall & China's northern countryside
- Visit Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City in Beijing
- Get a deeper understanding of the Chinese culture with stays in village guesthouses
- Take a handson lesson in dumplingmaking
On this four-day tour, hike along the Great Wall near Beijing and visit the not-to-be-missed places in the capital such as the Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City and the Hutong. Lower your pace and walk along beautiful mountain ridges and the unrestored and less known sections of the Great Wall. The breathtaking views are often without another traveller in sight!
Staying in the villages at the foot of the mountains is a great opportunity to connect with the friendly hosts and learn about rural life in China.
Day 1: Arrive in Beijing
Day 2: Traditions of Beijing
Day 3: Walk the wall; learn to make dumplings
Day 4: Jinshanling Great Wall
Day 5: Panlong Shan Great Wall
Day 6: Gubeikou Great Wall: the highest point
Day 7: Gubeikou to Beijing
Day 8: End of the tour
- 6 breakfast, 3 lunch and 6 dinner
- Comfortable hotels/guesthouses
- Sightseeing as listed on the itinerary
- An expert, bilingual tour leader throughout
- Transportation for included activities as per the itinerary
- Daily drinking water & snacks for hiking days
- Single rooms
- International airfares
- Visa costs
- Travel insurance
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Beverages and items of personal nature such as phone calls, laundry etc.
- Optional activities
- Single room for solo travelers
- Tips and gratitudes
- Earn US$ 52+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationRooming: Share accommodation with another traveller of the same gender. If you prefer not to share a single supplement, you can pay extra for your own room. Please refer to our website for the additional cost or contact us. Physical Rating: The trip is rated as moderate – along the trip there are walking parts involved. The longest walking duration could be up to 4 hours on rolling mountain ridges. However, our tour leader will always provide other options if you don’t feel like walking much. Let us know in advance so we could suggest different options for you and your friends. Responsible Travel: China is changing fast. The natural environment that you’ll travel through is fragile; the cultures and traditions precious and often the local communities we visit are reliant on tourism. We encourage travellers to share the responsibility of creating a positive inspiring impact that mutually benefits ourselves as travellers and local.