- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 10+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Great Wall: Stroll along the restored Mutianyu section and see how the undulating wall disappears into the horizon in front of you.
- Forbidden City: Discover the majesty of the walled imperial palace which was reserved for China’s royalty for centuries.
- Terracotta Army: Pay homage to the immortal clay warriors unearthed after 2,000 years guarding China’s first emperor in the afterlife.
- The Yangtze River: The longest river in Asia and third longest in the world, the Yangtze carries you on an eternal journey through China’s heartland.
Embark on our extensive 13-day grand tour of China and experience some the country’s main attractions and cultural experiences. From the wonders of its imperial past and beautiful, heavenly landscapes, to its charmingly inquisitive giant panda and the beating heart of urban modernity, the new face of contemporary China. Our comprehensive programme delivers a unique and captivating insight into the soul of this fascinating country. Take this wonderful opportunity to experience the hospitality and appeal of the many different faces of an ancient and unique culture. Visit the great cities responsible for China’s illustrious past and present, and cruise the mighty Yangtze to enjoy the spectacular scenery at a more leisurely pace.
Day 1: Arrival Beijing
Day 2: Beijing (forbidden City Tour, Temple Of Heaven)
Day 3: Beijing (mutianyu Section Of The Great Wall Tour - Beijing Enamel Factory - Summer Palace Visit )
Day 4: Beijing - Xi’an (6 Hrs By Train)
Day 5: Xi’an (terracotta Warrior Museum - Big Wild Goose Pagoda Visit)
Day 6: Xi'an - Chengdu (4 Hrs By Train)
Day 7: Chengdu – Chongqing (1.5 Hrs By Train)
Day 8: Yangtze River - Fengdu - Yangtze River
Day 9: Yangtze River - Shennong Stream - Yangtze River
Day 10: Yangtze River - Yichang – Shanghai (8 Hrs By Train)
Day 11: Shanghai (full Day Tour Of Shanghai)
Day 12: Shanghai
Day 13: Departure Shanghai
- 9 nights' accommodation
- 3 nights in a five-star Yangtze cruise vessel in Twin Rooms with bath or shower/W.C
- 12 Breakfasts
- 8 Lunches on days 2,3,5,7,8,9,10,11
- 2 Dinners on days 8, 9
- Private transfer from Beijing Airport to hotel in Beijing
- Private transfer from hotel in Shangai to Shangai Airport
- Operated with local English or German-speaking guide
- 2nd class seat on the bullet train from Beijing – Xi’an on day 4 (No guides and Porterage not included)
- 2nd class seat on the bullet train from Xi’an – Chengdu on day 6 (No guides and Porterage not included)
- 2nd class seat on the bullet train from Chengdu – Chongqing on day 7 (No guides and Porterage not included)
- 2nd class seat on the bullet train from Yichang – Shanghai on day 10 (No guides and Porterage not included)
- Air-conditioned coaches throughout the tour
- All entrance fees and activities mentioned in the itinerary; Forbidden City (excl. exhibitions), Temple of Heaven and tea ceremony on Day 2; Great Wall Mutianyu section tour, cable car ride, Cloisonné Factory tour and Summer Palace tour (excl. boat, theatre and Longevity Hill) on Day 3; City Wall in Xi'an tour on Day 4; Terracotta Warriors Museum tour and Big Wild Goose Pagoda visit (excl. climbing the tower) on Day 5; Dujiangyan Giant Panda Base visit on Day 7; Shennong Stream tour on Day 9; Three Gorges Dam tour on Day 10; Yu Garden visit, Jade Buddha Temple tour and Silk Factory visit on Day 11.
- Meet & Greet at Beijing International Airport on day 1
- Ghost City Fengdu tour on Day 8 (payable on spot)
- White Emperor City on Day 9 (payable on spot)
- International flight tickets and airport taxes or China visa fees (if any)
- Travel Insurance
- Expenses of personal nature like tipping, laundry, telephone/fax calls, alcoholic/non- alcoholic beverages, camera/video camera fee at monuments, medical expenses or items not stated explicitly in the programme
- Any visit not mentioned in the programme
- Optional tours and activities
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 92+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Grand Tour Of China tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 02 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 02 March 2021, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Grand Tour Of China tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Grand Tour Of China tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has implemented smaller group sizes than normal, allowing for more personal space on the vehicles, sights visited, hotels and restaurants.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.