- River cruise
- duration 18 days
- tour type Cruise
- age requirement 2+ years old
- max group size 20
A far-ranging exploration of China’s cultural treasures and natural wonders.
From man-made marvels—the Great Wall, Forbidden City and Terra-cotta Warriors—to scenes of natural beauty that inspire artists and poets, discover the vast range of this sprawling nation. Beijing offers imperial grandeur and atmospheric old-world neighborhoods; Shanghai flaunts dizzying skyscrapers and surprising art deco mansions; Hong Kong mixes East and West and the best shopping in the world. Yet China is a country where gardeners have devoted a thousand years to creating an ideal landscape in Hangzhou. Old and new, grand and intimate, China offers wondrous contrasts just waiting to be uncovered.
Day 1: Beijing
Day 2: Beijing
Day 3: Beijing
Day 4: Beijing, Fly to Xi’an
Day 5: Xi’an
Day 6: Xi’an, Fly to Hangzhou
Day 7: Hangzhou
Day 8: Shanghai
Day 9: Shanghai
Day 10: Shanghai, Fly to Yichang (Embark)
Day 11: Cruising the Yangtze River
Day 12: Cruising the Yangtze River, Shennong Stream
Day 13: Cruising the Yangtze River
Day 14: Cruising the Yangtze River, Chongqing (Disembark), Train to Chengdu
Day 15: Chengdu
Day 16: Chengdu, Fly to Hong Kong
Day 17: Hong Kong
Day 18: Depart Hong Kong
- 4-night cruise in a riverview suite on the stunning Sanctuary Yangzi Explorer
- Lavishly appointed riverview suites, all with private balconies
- 3 nights in Beijing at the Ritz-Carlton Beijing (or similar)
- 2 nights in Xi'an at the Hyatt Regency Xi'an (or similar)
- 2 nights in Hangzhou at the Midtown Shangri-La (or similar)
- 2 nights in Shanghai at the Fairmont Peace Hotel (or similar)
- 2 nights in Chengdu at the Ritz-Carlton Chengdu (or similar)
- 2 nights in Hong Kong at the Kowloon Shangri-La (or similar)
- Meals onboard prepared using the finest and freshest ingredients
- 17 breakfasts, 12 lunches, 9 dinners
- Farewell Dinner
- Complimentary house wine, local spirits and beer,. soft drinks, tea, and coffee will be served at the Explorer Bar, deck 6, between 3pm and 11pm throughout the cruise. Onboard lunches and dinner include complimentary house wine, local beer, soft drinks, coffee and tea. Onshore lunches and dinners include complimentary soft drinks, coffee and tea
- 15 days of excursions, all fully hosted by English-speaking local experts
- 1 country: China, including Hong Kong
- 7 UNESCO World Heritage sites
- Services of an experienced Uniworld Tour Manager
- Cultural enrichment
- All transfers on arrival and departure days
- Gratuities for onboard personnel (ship staff, crew, Cruise/Tour Manager) are included during the cruise/tour
- Any international flights to Beijing and from Hong Kong are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Grand China and the Yangtze (2021) tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 308+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Grand China and the Yangtze (2021) tour. You can cancel the tour up to 121 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 120 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 14 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 14 October 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 120 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Grand China and the Yangtze (2021) tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Grand China and the Yangtze (2021) tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.