- duration 8 days
- tour type Private Tour
- age requirement 1+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Get a closer look at the Forbidden City
- Explore the lavish Summer Palace. Learn more about the emperors who lived there
- See the tallest building in Shanghai as well as Yuyuan Garden
- Visit the Terracotta Warriors and Horses Museum in Xian
Learn more about ancient and modern China in Beijing during your sightseeing tour. Visit Xian and get transported back in time when city walls were made to stop enemies at the gates and and emperors were buried with an ensemble of armies and horses (albeit made of clay). Also learn more about the history of Islam in China.
The final destination on the itinerary is Shanghai, China's financial centre. Please note that accommodation and meals are not included in the tour price. For more details, please go through the itinerary below.
I want to take this opportunity to thank you and your team for organising an excellent tour for my family and me. We enjoyed our holiday tremendously.
We found our guides, Vivian and Cindy to be excellent. They were very friendly, polite and had an excellent command of English. They were very knowledgeable on the history of the sites and provided added value by also providing us a perspective of the culture and lifestyle of the local people. They both went out of their way to take care of our needs during the trip. They were very helpful in answering our questions and also assisted us tremendously during our meals by ensuring the staff of the restaurants adhered to our dietary requirements. As I had my 80 year old mother with me, they were very considerate of her requirements, encouraging her to rest and making sure she was safe during the trip.
All in all we had a very pleasurable time in Beijing and Xian. We will definitely be visiting China again. On our next trip we hope to visit some scenic sites. I would also like to see either the Yang Tze Kiang or Hwang Ho river!
I also would like to thank you for acting very fast in making the late changes I requested to the itinerary at Xian. All in I found LilySunTours to be very professional and efficient. I will certainly use your services on my next trip and will definitely recommend you to my friends and relatives.
Once again, thanks very much for making my family’s holiday such a pleasurable and memorable experience!!!!!
And thank you so much for your thoughtful gift for us. We are enjoying the tea very much!
We liked Jackie a lot. He was honest, open minded, entertaining, attentive, high spirited, and talkative (knowledgeable) in terms of history.
We also liked Vivian in the different way. She was straight forward about the condition of the location as well as the history/knowledge in general aspect. She was also very creative in taking memorable photo poses. She was helpful and patient when she had to accommodate our requests.”
Day 1: Arrive in Beijing
Day 2: Beijing cultural highlights tour
Day 3: Great Wall (Mutianyu section), Ding Mausoleum
Day 4: Beijing (Summer Palace & hutongs) & transfer to Xian
Day 5: Terracotta Warriors Museum, Xian City Wall
Day 6: Xian cultural highlights continues
Day 7: Shanghai city tour
Day 8: Shanghai departure
- Pickup and drop-off. Air-conditioned vehicles with experienced drivers used for sightseeing tours and road transport
- Licensed English-speaking tour guides
- Entrance fee to sites mentioned, including cable car up and tobaggon down the Great Wall
- Second-class train tickets from Beijing to Xian
- Economy class air tickets from Xian to Shanghai
- Bottled water
- All meals
- China visa fees
- Travel insurance
- Anything mentioned optional on the itinerary
- Expenses that are personal in nature, like laundry and phone calls
- Tips or gratuities for guide and driver (recommended)
- Save +US$ 45 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Excellent Customer Service. Our Travel Experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.