On this tour we will visit the famous DingLing Tomb and the Great Wall of China at its MutianYu intersection. We will also take a look at the famous Bird's Nest stadium that was built for the Olympic Games in Beijing in 2008. We will furthermore visit the famous. The itinerary of this tour looks as follows:
1. We pick you up from your hotel or accommodation in the morning and then drive to the Dingling Tomb (also known as the Underground Palace), which is the best-preserved Chinese Imperial Tomb having 500 years of history. We will be visiting the underground mausoleum for about 1.5 hours.
2. After the visit to the Ming Tomb we will around 11:00AM, take a 30 minutes visit to the Jade Carving Factory. Jade carving has always been a part of Chinese traditional culture so we highly encourage you to check this out as well. After the visit to the Jade Carving Factory we will enjoy lunch and relaxe for a bit.
3. After lunch, you will visit the Mutianyu Great Wall.(75 KM away from Beijing city center). Upon your arrival we will be hiking the wall for around 2-3 hours. If you wish to you can take a cable car to reach the top of the Mutianyu Great Wall (the cable car is not included in this price though and is therefore optional).
4. On the way back to Beijing downtown, we will pass by the Olympic Stadiums-Bird's Nest and Water Cube, where you can take some pictures.
5. This tour finally comes to an end in the afternoon after which we will drive you back to your hotel or accommodation in Beijing. For more information about the DingLing Tomb and MutianYu section, please refer to the below information.
☆ Dingling Tomb The Underground Palace Hall, a labyrinth palace building, is the only tomb of the thirteen Ming Tombs to be excavated. Buried here are three individuals; Emperor Wan-li (died 1620), Empress Wang (died 1620), and another Empress Wang (died 1611).
☆ Mutianyu Great Wall is the most beautiful sections of the Great Wall of China, and less crowded than the Badaling section. The vegetation coverage is about 96%. In summer, the mountains will be covered with green trees with the wall twisted and turning along the mountains. In late autumn, the leaves are turning yellow or red. In short, the scenery surrounding the Great Wall Of China at the MutianYu section is amazingly beautiful.