- Museum and gallery visits
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Sport tour, venues or tickets
- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 7+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Beijing Walk along the Great Wall at Mutianyu. Explore Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City
- Xian Meet the famous Terracotta Army of Qin Shi Huangdi.
- Villages and Rice Terraces Homestay and hike amongst the rural village of the Zhuang.
- Chengdu Visit a world famous panda research centre
Travel across China using a combination of overnight sleeper and ultra-modern high speed bullet trains. This fast-paced journey takes us from the imperial palaces of Beijing to the skyscrapers of Hong Kong. Trip highlights include Xian's Terracotta Army, giant pandas in Chengdu and the rural town of Yangshuo. We also walk through the vast Dragon's Backbone rice terraces, stay in traditional village houses and meet the local Zhuang tribes, ending the trip in cosmopolitan Hong Kong. Beijing - Walk along the Great Wall at Mutianyu. Explore Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City Xian - Meet the famous Terracotta Army of Qin Shi Huangdi Hong Kong - Free time to explore one of Asia's most vibrant cities
Day 1 : Join trip in Beijing
Day 2 : Free in Beijing to visit Tiananmen Square.
Day 3 : Drive to the Great Wall at Mutianyu, return to Beijing via the Olympic stadium. Overnight train to Xian
Day 4 : Free day to explore the Shaanxi National Museum or the Muslim Quarter
Day 5 : Visit the Terracotta Warriors and Workshop and Calligraphy Class
Day 6 : Morning bullet train to Chengdu. Visit Kuan Zhai alley in Chengdu
Day 7 : Visit the Panda research centre. Bullet train to Guilin.
Day 8 : Drive to Pingan Village; village walks
Day 9 : Full day in rural Pingan village including a walk to meet the local Zhuang people
Day 10 : Free morning. Afternoon drive to picturesque town of Yangshou on the banks of the Li River
Day 11 : Morning cooking lesson in Yangshou. Fly kites in a local park overlooking the Li River.
Day 12 : Optional cycle ride and raft along the Li River with lunch stop. Overnight sleeper train to Shenzen
Day 13 : Cross border into Hong Kong. Free time on arrival
Day 14 : Free day in Hong Kong to explore this bustling waterfront city
Day 15 : Trip ends in Hong Kong
- 13 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch
- Dong Fang Hotel Beijing (2 nights)
- Overnight Train from Beijing to Xian (1 night)
- Grand Soluxe International Hotel (2 nights)
- Chengdu Furong Hotel (1 night)
- Dan Gui Hotel (1 night)
- Ping An Guesthouse (2 nights)
- New Century Hotel (2 nights)
- Overnight Train from Guilin to Shenzhen (1 night)
- Panda Hotel (2 nights)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Beijing and from Hong Kong are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Family China In Depth tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 87+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Family China In Depth tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 14 December 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 14 December 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Family China In Depth tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Family China In Depth tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.