- duration 11 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Premium adventure: upgraded accommodation (minimum 4star) throughout, no sleeper train (as on standard departures), 2 highspeed trains and 2 additional meals in 'Michelin' class restaurants
- Beijing's Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square and Jingshan Park
- Giant pandas at Chengdu's Breeding & Research Centre
- One of the bestpreserved parts of the Great Wall of China at Mutianyu
Visit China's iconic sites in style on this premium tour with upgraded accommodation, upgraded transport, and the chance to sample Michelin class culinary delights. Beijing's history stretches back three millennia and the scale of Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City never fail to amaze. Leaving the grandeur behind, explore the old town's narrow 'hutongs', and enter a locals house for a more humbling experience and a class in the traditional Chinese craft of papercutting. Head out of the city and step foot on one of the best-preserved sections of the Great Wall; here you'll begin to comprehend the magnitude of this construction as it snakes across the mountains to the horizon and beyond. Juxtaposed to this is Xi'an's vibrant Muslim Quarter, where we catch a shadow puppetry show at Gao's Family Mansion. Xi'an is most famed for the nearby Terracotta Warriors of Emperor Qin, where excavations have revealed thousands of hand-crafted life-size and lifelike army figures. A China holiday would not be complete without a trip to Chengdu to see the endangered Giant pandas - these black and white furry animals are a national emblem and a rare sight. End in cosmopolitan Shanghai, with its unmistakable skyline illuminated at night.
Arrive Beijing; welcome dinner in Michelin class restaurant
Sightseeing including the Forbidden City, Jingshan Park and a walking tour of
the hutongs including a traditional paper cutting class
Visit the Great Wall of China; return to Beijing
Bullet train to Xi’an; walking tour of the Muslim Quarter with a shadow
puppetry show at Gao’s family mansion
Excursion to the Terracotta Warriors
Free day in Xi’an; optional cycling along the old city walls or Mount
Huashan day trip
Bullet train to Chengdu; afternoon walking tour around the People’s Park
– try Chinese water calligraphy (weather permitting)
Visit the Giant Panda Breeding Centre
Fly to Shanghai; afternoon visit to the Shanghai Museum
Explore the Bund waterfront area and the French Concession; farewell
Michelin class dinner
- 10 nights upgraded hotels (minimum 4-star) , All accommodation (upgraded throughout)
- All breakfasts, 1 lunch and 2 dinners in 'Michelin' class restaurants included , All breakfasts, 1 lunch and 2 dinners in Michelin class restaurants
- 11 days land only/12 flight inclusive
- Travel by bullet train, domestic flight, metro/public bus and private coach
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- Optional single supplement, available on request
- Group normally 5 to 16, plus leader. Min age 16 yrs
- Tour leader throughout
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Any international flights to Beijing and from Shanghai are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Essential China - Premium tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 108+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Essential China - Premium tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 310 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 19 April 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Essential China - Premium tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Essential China - Premium tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.