- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 10+ years old
- age_requirement 10+ years old
- Great Wall: Hike one of the most beautiful sections of the Great Wall in an area of outstanding natural beauty with a private photographer.
- Maliandao Tea Market: One of China’s largest tea markets where you can taste all different kinds of tea and learn how to make tea cakes.
- Summer Palace: The largest and bestpreserved imperial garden in the world with beautiful palaces, temples, pavilions and beautiful scenery.
- Xian City Wall: These fortifications are the oldest and most complete in China, and it is one of the largest ancient military defensive systems in the world.
Join us on this unforgettable 9-day tour starting in Beijing. Visit Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City in the capital. Learn the art of Cloisonné, an ancient decoration technique, and bring home your own unique handmade piece. Spend a night on a sleeper train and then spend a day exploring the ancient Xi’an City Wall. Stroll along Shanghai Old Street, Miaoqian Dajie, and experience a completely different side to city life away from the futuristic skyscrapers of modern Shanghai.
Day 1: Arrival Beijing
Day 2: Beijing (temple Of Heaven - Forbidden City Tour - Rickshaw Ride)
Day 3: Beijing (jinshanling Great Wall Tour)
Day 4: Beijing - Xi’an (12 Hrs By Train)
Day 5: Xi’an (city Wall Hiking Tour - Hanguang Gate Museum Tour - Peasant Paintings)
Day 6: Xi´an - Shanghai (11 Hrs By Train)
Day 7: Shanghai (shanghai City Tour)
Day 8: Shanghai (caoyang New Village Tour - Zhujiajiao Water Town)
Day 9: Departure Shanghai
- 6 nights’ accommodation
- 7 Breakfast on days 2- 4 and 6-9
- 7 Lunches on days 2-8 (1 bottle of soft drink included)
- All entrance fees and activities mentioned in the itinerary; Temple of Heaven visit, rickshaw ride, Forbidden City and Cloisonné Museum visit on Day 2; Jinshanling Great Wall tour with private photographer on Day 3; Maliandao tea tour and Summer Palace visit on Day on 4; Xi'an City Wall tour and Hanguang Gate Museum visit on Day 5; Xi’an Jingwen Ox culture Ceramics Museum and Terracotta Army Museum tour on Day 6; Shanghai city tour on Day 7; Caoyang New Village visit and Zhujiajiao Water town visit on Day 8.
- Private transfer from Beijing Airport to hotel in Beijing
- Air-conditioned private transport throughout the tour
- Private transfer from hotel in Shangai to Shangai Airport
- Operated with English or German-speaking local guides
- Overnight train from Beijing to Xi´an on Day 4 with soft berth class (Porterage is not included and no guides on the trains)
- Overnight Train from Xi´an to Shanghai on day 6 with soft berth class (Porterage is not included and no guides on the trains)
- Meet & Greet at Beijing International Airport on day 1
- International flight tickets and airport taxes or China visa fees (if any)
- Travel Insurance
- Expenses of personal nature like tipping, laundry, telephone/fax calls, alcoholic/non- alcoholic beverages, camera/video camera fee at monuments, medical expenses or items not stated explicitly in the programme
- Any visit not mentioned in the programme
- Optional tours and activities
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 80+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Essence Of China, Private Tour tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 19 February 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 19 February 2021, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Essence Of China, Private Tour tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Essence Of China, Private Tour tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has implemented smaller group sizes than normal, allowing for more personal space on the vehicles, sights visited, hotels and restaurants.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.