- City sightseeing
- Local culture
- Museum and gallery visits
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 10 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- CITY TOUR of Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai
- SEE local people practicing T'ai Chi in the morning, the Shanghai Acrobats
- VISIT Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven, the Great Wall of China, the Sacred Way in Beijing, the Terracotta Warriors in Xi'an, the 'Bund' waterfront and Jinmao Tower in Shanghai
Follow in the footsteps of the ancients - up the ornate steps of the Forbidden City and to the ramparts of the Great Wall, snaking its way across the rolling countryside, and through the winding ancient alleys of Beijing's hutongs to learn about Chinese traditions over a home-cooked lunch.
Day 1: ARRIVE BEIJING (4 NIGHTS)
Day 2: BEIJING SIGHTSEEING
Day 3: BEIJING AND THE GREAT WALL
Day 4: BEIJING SIGHTSEEING
Day 5: BEIJING - XI'AN (2 NIGHTS)
Day 6: XI'AN SIGHTSEEING
Day 7: XI'AN - SHANGHAI (3 NIGHTS)
Day 8: SHANGHAI SIGHTSEEING
Day 9: SHANGHAI FREE DAY
Day 10: DEPART SHANGHAI
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- 9 breakfasts
- 5 lunches (including Connect with Locals)
- 3 dinners
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- A Trafalgar bonus - all Intra-Air flights: Beijing to Xi'an and Xi'an to Shanghai.
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Handcrafted Highlights
- Any international flights to Beijing and from Shanghai are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Classic China tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 138+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Classic China tour. You can cancel the tour up to 120 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 119 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 24 May 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 24 May 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 119 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Classic China tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Classic China tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- This trip will operate with a number of empty seats to ensure that we always allow for appropriate extra physical distancing.