- Art and architecture
- duration 13 days
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 10+ years old
- max group size 2
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Beijing: from ancient walled capital to showpiece megacity in barely a century, it spins a breathless yarn of history, culture, and innovation.
- Datong: The town is the gateway to the Yungang Caves, one of China’s most outstanding Buddhist treasures, as well as the Hanging Monastery, the world’s oldest wooden pagoda.
- Xi’an: Xi'an’s Mingera city walls remain intact, vendors of all descriptions still crowd the narrow lanes of the warrenlike Muslim Quarter.
- Nanjing: one of the bestlooking cities in the country, boasting a rich and impressive historical heritage.
Immerse yourself into the ancient heartland of China! Thirteen days of history and culture. Visit the Forbidden City, home to emperors of the Ming and Qing dynasty for over 500 years. Explore the Water Great Wall: the only section of the wall that is submerged into water, it’s one of the most scenic yet less touristy parts of the great wall for a hike or a brilliant view. Visit the Yungang Grotto: the earliest remaining examples of the first major flowering of Buddhist art in China and Pingyao ancient city: former financial centre during the Ming and Qing dynasties and is home to China’s earliest banks. Marvel at the Terracotta Warriors Museum, the eighth wonder of the world, and The Bund, the symbol of Shanghai. Visit Shanghai Propaganda poster museum: historical-artistic documents from the Maoist era, both a timeline of history as well as magnificent works of art.
Day 1: Arrival Beijing (30km – 1hr)
Day 2: Beijing
Day 3: Beijing
Day 4: Beijing – Datong (2.5hrs By High-speed Train, Included)
Day 5: Datong – Pingyao (3.20hr By High-speed Train, Included)
Day 6: Pingyao
Day 7: Pingyao – Xi’an (3hrs By High-speed Train, Included)
Day 8: Xi’an
Day 9: Xi’an – Nanjing (6.5hrs By High-speed Train, Included)
Day 10: Nanjing
Day 11: Nanjing – Shanghai (2.5hrs By High-speed Train, Included)
Day 12: Shanghai
Day 13: Departure Shanghai (55km – 1hr)
- 12 nights' accommodation
- 12 breakfasts
- 6 Lunches (Day 2, 3, 5, 8, 10, 12)
- 2 Dinners (Day 7, 11)
- Arrival private transfer from Beijing International Airport (Day 1)
- Private transportation as mentioned in the itinerary
- High-speed train ticket from Beijing /Datong /Pingyao/Xi’an/Nanjing/Shanghai on the basis of per seat per person, with 2nd class seat and without luggage service (clients carrying own luggage to board the train)
- Departure private transfer to Shanghai International Airport (Day 13)
- Operated with English-speaking local guide during the scheduled activities (Day 2-12)
- All entrance fees and activities mentioned in the itinerary (entrance fee of the complex and first entry only): Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City (complex, closed on Monday), Beijing’s few remaining ‘hutongs’ and Buddhist Miaoying Temple visits (exterior visit) (Day 2); Huanghuacheng Great wall, and 798 Art District visits (Day 3); Temple of Heaven complex (Day 4); Yungang Grotto, hanging temple (Day 5); Walking tour of Pingyao (Day 6); Muslim Quarter (Day 7); Ancient City Wall, Terracotta Warriors site, Xi’an museum (closed on Tuesday) (Day 8); Dr Sun Yatsem’s Mausoleum, Nanjing Museum (closed on Monday) (Day 10); Shanghai propaganda poster museum (closed on Monday) (Day 11); Yu Garden, Jade Buddha Temple, French Concession Quarter (Day 12)
- Meet & Greet (Day 1, 4, 5, 7, 9, 11)
- International long haul flights
- Visa fees
- International long haul flights
- Drinks during meals (unless specified otherwise)
- Optional tours (if any)
- City tax not included, payable on the spot
- Any visit not mentioned in the program
- Porterage and gratuities
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals or items not stated explicitly in the program
- Any alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, mineral water, camera/video camera fee (if any)
- Travel Insurance or any loss or extra cost arising due to unforeseen circumstances such as flight delays, accidents, etc.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 135+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Chinese Ancient Heartland, Private Tour tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 31 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 31 October 2021, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Chinese Ancient Heartland, Private Tour tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Chinese Ancient Heartland, Private Tour tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has implemented smaller group sizes than normal, allowing for more personal space on the vehicles, sights visited, hotels and restaurants.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.