- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 5 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Built to accommodate Russian engineers working on the TransSiberian Railroad in the 19th century, discover Harbin’s Russian and Jewish heritage on a guided walking tour
- Experience Harbin’s International Ice & Snow Festival, a vast winter wonderland of the biggest and most elaborate ice sculptures in the world
- Tour the festival with a local guide during the day and again at night, when the frosty recreations of famous buildings, monuments and characters are lit up in technicolour
- Train travel is intrinsic to Chinese life. Bunk up with locals and other travellers on an overnight sleeper train from Beijing to Harbin, and experience a high speed train back the other way
Embrace the frozen glory of winter in this journey to China’s frosty northeast and experience the Harbin International Ice & Snow Festival in all its winter wonder. From Beijing head to the remote north of the country to discover a city shaped by Russian as well as Chinese culture and experience a festival that’ll take your (frozen) breath away.
Beijing - Overnight train
Harbin International Ice & Snow Festival
- Hotel (3 nights), Overnight Hard Sleeper Train (1 night)
- Overnight Sleeper Train , Private Bus , Public Bus , High Speed Train , Subway
- Harbin - Walking Tour & Saint Sophia Cathedral
- Harbin - International Ice & Snow Sculpture Festival
- Harbin - Snow Park
- Any international flights to/from Beijing are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this China's Harbin Ice Festival tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 41+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this China's Harbin Ice Festival tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 23 days before departure. For any departures within 30 August 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
China's Harbin Ice Festival tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this China's Harbin Ice Festival tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This trip involves two long train journeys including an overnight hard sleeper train from Beijing to Harbin. Train travel in China may not be entirely luxurious, but it's certainly one of the best ways to come face-to-face with the country and its people. It's the main form of transport for locals, so take the chance to interact.
- Temperatures in northern China in January are extremely cold, especially in Harbin. It can easily get as low as -35° C. As you’ll be spending a lot of time outdoors exploring the city and the festival, it’s vital that you pack extremely warm and waterproof clothes, including a coat, hat, gloves, scarf, boots and thermals.
- We pack a lot in, in a short amount of time, so if you have some time to spare we highly recommend extra time and Beijing.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Finish point description
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers