- duration 14 days
- tour type Cruise
- age requirement 2+ years old
Embrace the yin and yang of wonders old and new on this soul-enriching expedition.
Their names alone evoke the wonder and timeless allure of China: the Great Wall, Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven. Wide enough for cavalry to ride along its crest, stretching from the Yellow Sea to China’s eastern border, the Great Wall is one of China’s legends. In Xi’an, 8,000 life-size Terra-cotta Warriors stand in formation, facing the enemies of an emperor who died 2,200 years ago. The red and white walls of the Potala Palace rise massively above Lhasa, and the floor of the gold-domed Jokhang Temple has been worn smooth by centuries of pilgrims reverently prostrating themselves before a seventh-century Buddha. Experience all of this on an adventure that also encompasses Beijing’s imperial palaces and exquisite gardens, Shanghai’s towering skyscrapers and the ethereal landscape of the Yangtze’s Three Gorges.
Day 1: Beijing
Day 2: Beijing
Day 3: Beijing
Day 4: Beijing, Fly to Xi’an
Day 5: Xi’an
Day 6: Xi’an, Fly to Lhasa
Day 7: Lhasa
Day 8: Lhasa
Day 9: Lhasa, Fly to Chongqing (Embark), Cruising the Yangtze River
Day 10: Cruising the Yangtze River, Shibaozhai
Day 11: Cruising the Yangtze River, Shennong Stream
Day 12: Cruising the Yangtze River, Yichang (Disembark), Fly to Shanghai
Day 13: Shanghai
Day 14: Depart Shanghai
- 3-night cruise in a riverview suite on the stunning Sanctuary Yangzi Explorer
- Lavishly appointed riverview suites, all with private balconies
- 3 nights in Beijing at the Ritz-Carlton Beijing (or similar)
- 2 nights in Xi'an at the Hyatt Regency Xi'an (or similar)
- 3 nights in Lhasa at the Shangri-La Hotel Lhasa (or similar)
- 2 nights in Shanghai at the Fairmont Peace Hotel (or similar)
- Meals onboard prepared using the finest and freshest ingredients
- 13 breakfasts, 8 lunches, 10 dinners
- Farewell Dinner
- Complimentary house wine, local spirits and beer,. soft drinks, tea, and coffee will be served at the Explorer Bar, deck 6, between 3pm and 11pm throughout the cruise. Onboard lunches and dinner include complimentary house wine, local beer, soft drinks, coffee and tea. Onshore lunches and dinners include complimentary soft drinks, coffee and tea
- 10 days of excursions, all fully hosted by English-speaking local experts
- 1 country: China
- 7 UNESCO World Heritage sites
- Services of an experienced Uniworld Tour Manager
- Cultural enrichment
- All transfers on arrival and departure days
- Gratuities for onboard personnel (ship staff, crew, Cruise/Tour Manager) are included during the cruise/tour
- Any international flights to Beijing and from Shanghai are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this China, Tibet & the Yangtze (2021) tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 273+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this China, Tibet & the Yangtze (2021) tour. You can cancel the tour up to 121 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 120 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 May 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 May 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 120 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
China, Tibet & the Yangtze (2021) tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this China, Tibet & the Yangtze (2021) tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.