- Active and outdoor
- Art and architecture
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 10+ years old
- max group size 2
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Forbidden City: Discover the majesty of the walled imperial palace which was reserved for China’s royalty for centuries.
- Terracotta Warriors Museum: A collection of terracotta sculptures depicting the armies of Qin Shi Huang (the first Emperor of China), the eighth wonder of the ancient world.
- Xi´an: Melting pot of cultures and religions, ancient city that used to be home to emperors, courtesans, poets, monks, merchants and warriors.
- Shanghai: A city of contrasts where China’s traditional past meets modern technology and futuristic design.
China, fascinating land covered by a long history and unique traditions so attractive to the outside world! Join our nine-day tour and discover some of the landmarks of this diverse country. Explore the blend of cultures and influences while in Bejing, and visit the awe-inspiring monument defending Chinas land for centuries, Great Wall. A journey in the high-speed train offers real local adventure, before the visit of Terracotta Warriors Museum in Xi´an that unveils the combatant character of the ancient dynasties. Stroll down the streets of “China´s Venice” and once in Shanghai indulge yourself in the blending vibes of tradition and modern technology. Take this wonderful opportunity to experience the hospitality and appeal of the many different faces of an ancient and unique culture.
Day 1: Arrival Beijing
Day 2: Beijing (badaling Section Of The Great Wall Tour - Tombs Of The Ming Dynasty)
Day 3: Beijing (forbidden City Tour, Temple Of Heaven)
Day 4: Beijing – Xi’an (4.5 Hr By High-speed Train; Included)
Day 5: Xi’an
Day 6: Xi’an – Shanghai (11 Hrs Night Train; Included)
Day 7: Shanghai
Day 8: Shanghai
Day 9: Departure Shanghai
- 7 night’s accommodation
- 8 Breakfasts
- 7 Lunches (2-8)
- 1 night on board of night train (Days 6)
- Arrival private transfer from Beijing Airport to the hotel in Beijing
- Shared air-conditioned transfer throughout the tour
- Departure private transfer from hotel in Shanghai to Shanghai Airport
- Operated with English or German-speaking local guides during the activities
- 1x 2nd class seat on the high-speed train Beijing – Xi’an on day 4 (guides and porterage is not included)
- 1x overnight train (4 beds cabin, soft sleeper) Xi´an – Shanghai on day 6 (guides and porterage is not included)
- All entrance fees and activities mentioned in the itinerary: Great Wall-Badaling section excursion (Day 3); Beijing full-day sightseeing tour (Day 4); pedal-powered rickshaw ride in Beijing (Day 5); Terracotta Warriors Museum and Big Wild Goose Pagoda excursion (Day 6): Muslim Quarter excursion (Day 7); Shanghai full-day city tour (Day 8); Zhujiajio excursion and Former French Concession (Day 9)
- Meet & Greet (Day 1, 4, and 6)
- Airport transfer surcharge if arriving/departing before 8 am or after 10 pm
- International nor domestic flights
- China visa fees
- Travel Insurance
- Drinks during meals (unless specified otherwise)
- City tax not included, payable on the spot
- Any visit not mentioned in the program
- Optional tours
- Porterage and gratuities
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals or items not stated explicitly in the program
- Any alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, mineral water, camera/video camera fee (if any)
- Travel Insurance or any loss or extra cost arising due to unforeseen circumstances such as flight delays, accidents, etc.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 91+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this China's Present, Past And Future tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 31 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 31 October 2021, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
China's Present, Past And Future tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this China's Present, Past And Future tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has implemented smaller group sizes than normal, allowing for more personal space on the vehicles, sights visited, hotels and restaurants.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.