- duration 21 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Beijing Walk along the Great Wall at Mutianyu. Explore Tiananmen Square and the sprawling Forbidden City
- Xian Meet the famous Terracotta Army of Qin Shi Huangdi
- Yangtse River cruise Relax for 3 days whilst exploring the stunning Yangtse River landscapes
- Villages and Rice Terraces Take in rural China as we hike amongst the villages of the Dong, Yao and Zhuan people
Witness China's highlights as we travel across this vast country with locals on public transport. From ancient sites in Beijing and the Great Wall to the lively and modern streets of Shanghai, experiencing the 'real China' in between. Xian & Chengdu - Meet the famous Terracotta Army of Qin Shi Huangdi and see pandas at the famous research centre Yangtse River cruise - Relax for 3 days whilst exploring the stunning river landscapes Villages and Rice Terraces - Take in rural China as we hike amongst the villages of the Dong, Yao and Zhuan people
Not sure that Cuba was the right destination for us in August - the heat was quite unbearable (and we did survive Vietnam!) ”
Day 1 : Join trip in Beijing
Day 2 : Discover the sights of Beijing including the Forbidden City
Day 3 : Discover the Temple of Heaven, free afternoon in Beijing
Day 4 : Walk the Great Wall; overnight train to Xian
Day 5 : Free time to explore Xian's Muslim Quarter
Day 6 : Discover the Terracotta Army; optional Tea Ceremony
Day 7 : Morning train to Yichang; board the Yangtse riverboat
Day 8 : Cruise down the Yangtse River
Day 9 : Continue down the Yangtse River; passing through the fabulous Three Gorges
Day 10 : A chance to visit the Jade Emperor's Shrine and take part in the Captain's farwell dinner
Day 11 : Disembark riverboat; bullet train to Chengdu
Day 12 : Visit the Panda Research Centre and take the bullet train to Sanjiang before driving to Ma An Zhai Village
Day 13 : Drive to Ma An Zhai Village. Evening with local family
Day 14 : Meet Yao families in Longji and Dazhai Village
Day 15 : Hike from Dazhai to Pingan, passing incredible views
Day 16 : Transfer from Pingan to Yangshuo
Day 17 : Free day in Yangshuo; optional bike hire and cooking classes
Day 18 : Transfer to Guilin; overnight train to Shanghai
Day 19 : Free day in Shanghai; stroll along the Shanghai Bund
Day 20 : Optional visit to the Pearl TV and Radio Tower
Day 21 : Trip ends in Shanghai
- 11 Breakfast, 6 Lunch, 6 Dinner
- 5 nights comfortable hotel
- 2 nights simple overnight train
- 5 nights simple hotel
- 4 nights comfortable boat
- 4 nights simple guesthouse
- Bus, Boat, Train
- Explore Tour Leader, Driver(s), Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Beijing and from Shanghai are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this China on a Shoestring tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 154 today.
- Save US$ 102+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this China on a Shoestring tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 293 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 59 days before departure. For any departures within 24 April 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
China on a Shoestring tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this China on a Shoestring tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.