- Art and architecture
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 10+ years old
- max group size 2
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Hutong: back lanes, one of the most representative icons in local culture in Beijing.
- Terracotta Warriors Museum: a collection of terracotta sculptures depicting the armies of Qin Shi Huang (the first Emperor of China), the eighth wonder of the ancient world.
- French Concession: explore the elegant boulevards and leafy residential streets of Shanghai’s former French sector.
- Bund: Shanghai’s riverfront promenade is packed with an eclectic range of buildings from the European colonial period.
From the ancient capital through the blooming busy streets of Shanghai to ancient Chinese gardens, this 9-day-tour will lead you through the highlights of the Ancient Chinese History. Back lanes of Hutong and Beijing cuisine will guide your first days and Terracotta Warriors Museum unveils the combatant character of the ancient dynasties. Journey in the high-speed train offers real local adventure, before magnificent Bund and secret corners of Shanghai. Explore with us the unique combination of ancient tragedy, nobles triumph and innovation of one of the most advanced countries in the world. Visit Suzhou, famed for the most UNESCO-recognized gardens in the world with the Lingering Garden and Humble Administrator’s Garden being the most spectacular.
Day 1: Arrival Beijing
Day 2: Beijing – Hutong – Beijing (16km – 1h)
Day 3: Beijing
Day 4: Beijing – Xi`an (4.5 Hr, By High-speed Train; Included) – Shanghai (11hr, By High-speed Train; Included)
Day 5: Arrival Shanghai
Day 6: Shanghai
Day 7: Shanghai – Suzhou (25min By High-speed Train; Included)
Day 8: Suzhou
Day 9: Suzhou – Departure Shanghai (150km – 2hrs)
- 7 nights' hotel accommodation
- 8 breakfasts
- 2 Lunches (Day 4, 8)
- 1 night on board of high-speed train (Day 4)
- Arrival shared transfer from Beijing Airport (Day 1)
- 2nd class seat on the high-speed train from Beijing – Xi’an (Day 4)
- 2nd class soft berth (4 berths in 1 compartment) on the high-speed train from Xi’an – Shanghai (Day 4)
- Shared air-conditioned transport during the scheduled activities (Day 2-5)
- 2nd class seat and without luggage check-in service on the high-speed train from Shanghai – Suzhou (Day 7)
- Private transportation in an air-conditioning vehicle for the scheduled activity (Day 8)
- Operated with English-speaking local guide during a visit of Hutong (Day 2), Terracotta Warriors Museum (Day 4), Bund (Day 5), and full-day Suzhou sightseeing tour (Day 8)
- Shared transfer to Shanghai Railway Station with English-speaking guide assistance (Day 7)
- Private transfer from Suzhou Railway Station with English-speaking guide assistance (Day 7)
- Departure private transfer to Shanghai Pudong Airport with English speaking guide assistance (Day 10)
- All entrance fees and activities mentioned in the itinerary; Hutong day trip (Day 2); Terracotta Warriors Museum and Muslim Quarter guided tour (Day 4); Bund tour (Day 5); Humble Administrator’s Garden, Lingering Garden and Panmen City Gate tour (Day 8)
- Meet & Greet (Day 1, 4, 5, 7)
- Guides and porterage on high-speed trains from Beijing – Xi’an (Day 4) / Xi’an – Shanghai (Day 4) / Shanghai – Suzhou (Day 7)
- China visa fees
- Domestic/ International flights
- Travel Insurance
- Drinks during meals (unless specified otherwise)
- City tax not included, payable on the spot
- Any visit not mentioned in the program
- Optional tours listed, bookable in advance
- Porterage and gratuities
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals or items not stated explicitly in the program
- Any alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, mineral water, camera/video camera fee (if any)
- Travel Insurance or any loss or extra cost arising due to unforeseen circumstances such as flight delays, accidents, etc.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 56+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this China Interlude & Suzhou Extension tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 31 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 31 October 2021, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
China Interlude & Suzhou Extension tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this China Interlude & Suzhou Extension tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has implemented smaller group sizes than normal, allowing for more personal space on the vehicles, sights visited, hotels and restaurants.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.