- Art and architecture
- duration 7 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 10+ years old
- max group size 2
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Hutong: back lanes, one of the most representative icons in local culture in Beijing
- Terracotta Warriors Museum: a collection of terracotta sculptures depicting the armies of Qin Shi Huang (the first Emperor of China), the eighth wonder of the ancient world
- French Concession: explore the elegant boulevards and leafy residential streets of Shanghai’s former French sector
- Bund: Shanghai’s riverfront promenade is packed with an eclectic range of buildings from the European colonial period
From the ancient capital to the blooming, busy streets of Shanghai, this 7-day-tour will lead you through the highlights of the Ancient Chinese History. Back lanes of Hutong and Beijing cuisine will guide your first days and Terracotta Warriors Museum unveils the combatant character of the ancient dynasties. Journey in the high-speed train offers real local adventure, before magnificent Bund and secret corners of Shanghai. Explore with us the unique combination of ancient tragedy, nobles triumph and innovation of one of the most advanced countries in the world.
Day 1: Arrival Beijing
Day 2: Beijing – Hutong – Beijing (16km – 1h)
Day 3: Beijing
Day 4: Beijing – Xi`an (4.5 Hr, By High-speed Train; Included) – Shanghai (11hr, By High-speed Train; Included)
Day 5: Arrival Shanghai
Day 6: Shanghai
Day 7: Departure Shanghai
- 5 nights' accommodation
- 6 breakfasts
- 1 Lunch (Day 4)
- 1 night on board of high-speed train (Day 4)
- Arrival shared transfer from Beijing Airport to hotel in Beijing
- Departure shared transfer from hotel in Shanghai to Shanghai Airport
- Operated with English-speaking local guide during a visit of Hutong (Day 2), Terracotta Warriors Museum (Day 4) and Bund (Day 5)
- 2nd class seat on the bullet train from Beijing – Xi’an on day 4 (guides and porterage is not included)
- 2nd class seat on the bullet train from Xi’an – Shanghai on day 4 (guides and porterage is not included)
- All entrance fees and activities mentioned in the itinerary; Hutong day trip on Day 2; Terracotta Warriors Museum and Muslim Quarter guided tour on Day 4; Bund tour on Day 5
- Shared air-conditioned coaches throughout the tour
- Meet & Greet (Day 1, 4, 5)
- International flights
- China visa fees
- Travel Insurance
- Lunches and Dinners (except Lunch at day 4)
- Drinks during meals (unless specified otherwise)
- City tax not included, payable on the spot
- Any visit not mentioned in the program
- Optional tours listed, bookable in advance
- Porterage and gratuities
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals or items not stated explicitly in the program
- Any alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, mineral water, camera/video camera fee (if any)
- Travel Insurance or any loss or extra cost arising due to unforeseen circumstances such as flight delays, accidents, etc.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 35+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this China Interlude tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 24 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 24 October 2021, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
China Interlude tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this China Interlude tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has implemented smaller group sizes than normal, allowing for more personal space on the vehicles, sights visited, hotels and restaurants.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.