- City sightseeing
- National parks
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 11 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 1+ years old
- max group size 6
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Visit mustsee sites in China: Mutianyu Great Wall, Forbidden City, Terracotta Army
- See the incredible giant sandstone cliffs in Zhangjiajie National Forest Park
- Go for an exciting walk on the world's highest and longest glass bridge
- View the soaring city skylines and feel the pulse of modern Shanghai
The tour starts from the capital, Beijing, where highlights include the Forbidden City, the famed Great Wall, the Summer Palace and many others. Next it takes you to the historical Xi'an, an ancient city where you can explore the incredible Terracotta Army and the ancient Xi'an City Wall. The marvellous Zhangjiajie follows, the beautiful and mystical national park which is also the shooting site of the hit movie Avatar. Finally, the tour ends in Shanghai where you will visit the Shanghai Museum and Yu Garden before enjoying a cruise along the Huangpu River.
Accommodation, transportation, entrance fees and some meals are included. Please see the itinerary and what’s included sections for more details. Don’t miss out on this China trip of a lifetime!
Our tour guide Barry was excellent in his language skills, his knowledge of the tourism sites we visited and his willingness to assist us with questions, meal suggestions, and his flexibility. Barry was always polite, efficient and punctual.”
The Small group tour was exactly that with less than 12 people in each city, and in Zhangjiajie national park (where avatar was filmed) my wife and I had a private tour with a young guide Ru.
The guides in each city were excellent with good knowledge of their city and sights who all went out of their way to help and assist.
In Beijing, our guide was Maggie. She had great knowledge of Beijing and was very helpful.
In Xi'an, our guide was Lily who was experienced and very knowledgeable on the amazing history of Xi'an and the terracotta army.
In Shanghai, our guide was Ocean. He was absolutely fantastic, enthusiastic and extremely good communicator who really knew his stuff.”
Day 1: Arrive in Beijing
Day 2: Beijing city highlights
Day 3: China Great Wall tour
Day 4: Beijing tour and fly to Xi'an
Day 5: Terracotta Army tour
Day 6: Xi'an city tour and fly to Zhangjiajie
Day 7: Zhangjiajie tour
Day 8: Travel in Zhangjiajie
Day 9: Fly from Zhangjiajie to Shanghai
Day 10: Shanghai city tour
Day 11: Departure from Shanghai
- Some meals: 10 breakfasts, 8 lunches and 1 dinner
- Airport pickup. Domestic airfare and train tickets as per the itinerary. Air-conditioned vehicles for other transfers.
- Accommodation based on twin-room occupancy
- Single room supplement for solo travelers
- Professional, English-speaking tour guides
- Entrance fees to destinations mentioned on the itinerary
- International airfare
- Visa fees
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Single room supplement: Available on request
- Airport drop-off service on day 11
- Expenses that are personal in nature
- Earn US$ 89+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationSingle room supplements are available on request. Children under 12 will receive a preferential rate, available upon request. Vegetarian options are available. However, please inform us about it at the time of booking. We do not recommend this tour for those using wheelchairs.