- Art and architecture
- duration 12 days
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 10+ years old
- max group size 2
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Beijing: from ancient walled capital to showpiece megacity in barely a century, it spins a breathless yarn of history, culture, and innovation.
- Xi’an: Xi'an’s Mingera city walls remain intact, vendors of all descriptions still crowd the narrow lanes of the warrenlike Muslim Quarter.
- Chengdu: named Unesco's firstever City of Gastronomy, with a brimming teahouse culture and home of the giant pandas.
- Guilin: Guilin's natural endowments will amaze you, yet, thanks to imperfect urban planning, there is a pervasive feeling that the city is past its prime.
Join this awe-inspiring twelve-day private tour to discover the highlights of China! Explore the Forbidden City, home to emperors of the Ming and Qing dynasty for over 500 years. Visit the Terracotta Warriors Museum, the eighth wonder of the world and the Muslim quarter, Xi’an city’s glamour and gourmet. Stop at the Chengdu Giant Panda Breeding Research Base, an up-close look at China’s universally adored mascot. Cruise along the Li River, to see one of China's natural masterpieces. Visit the Bund, the symbol of Shanghai and the Former French Concession, the charm of old Shanghai.
Day 1: Arrival Beijing (30km – 1hr)
Day 2: Beijing
Day 3: Beijing
Day 4: Beijing – Xi’an (4.5/5.5hrs By High-speed Train; Included)
Day 5: Xi’an
Day 6: Xi’an – Chengdu (4.5hrs By High-speed Train; Included)
Day 7: Chengdu
Day 8: Chengdu – Guilin (105min By Flight; Included)
Day 9: Guilin – Li River – Guilin (4hrs By Cruise)
Day 10: Guilin – Shanghai (145min By Flight; Included)
Day 11: Shanghai
Day 12: Departure Shanghai (50km – 1.5hrs)
- 11 nights' accommodation
- 11 breakfasts
- 5 Lunches at local restaurants (Day 2, 3, 5, 7, 11)
- 1 Lunch on board (Day 9)
- 4 Dinners at local restaurants (Day 4, 6, 8, 10)
- Arrival private transfer from Beijing International Airport (Day 1)
- Private transportation as mentioned on the itinerary
- High-speed train ticket from Beijing /Xi’an /Chengdu on the basis of per seat per person, with 2nd class seat (clients carrying own luggage to board the train)
- Domestic flights as mentioned in the program Chengdu/Guilin/Shanghai in Economy Class with 1 piece of 20kg suitcase per person per flight and current airport tax and fuel surcharge
- Departure private transfer to Shanghai International Airport (Day 12)
- Operated with English-speaking local guide during the scheduled activities (Day 2-11)
- All entrance fees and activities mentioned in the itinerary (entrance fee of the complex and first entry only): Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City (complex, closed on Monday), Beijing’s few remaining ‘hutongs’ and Buddhist Miaoying Temple visits (exterior visit)(Day 2); Huanghuacheng Great wall, and 798 Art District visits (Day 3); Temple of Heaven complex, Muslim Quarter (Day 4); Ancient City Wall, Terracotta Warriors site and Xi’an museum visits (Day 5); Kuanzhai Alley and Chengdu People’s Park visits (Day 6); Chengdu Giant Panda Breeding Research Base and Sichuan Museum visits (Day 7); Reef flute cave visit and Elephant trunk hill (photo stop only) (Day 8); Li River cruise (Day 9); Shanghai propaganda poster museum (closed on Mondays) (Day 10); Yu Garden, Jade Buddha Temple and French Concession Quarter visits (Day 11)
- Meet & Greet (Day 1, 4, 6, 8, 10)
- International long haul flights
- Visa fees
- Drinks during meals (unless specified otherwise)
- Optional tours (if any)
- City tax not included, payable on the spot
- Any visit not mentioned in the program
- Porterage and gratuities
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals or items not stated explicitly in the program
- Any alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, mineral water, camera/video camera fee (if any)
- Travel Insurance or any loss or extra cost arising due to unforeseen circumstances such as flight delays, accidents, etc.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 149+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this China Highlights, Private Tour tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 31 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 31 October 2021, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
China Highlights, Private Tour tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this China Highlights, Private Tour tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has implemented smaller group sizes than normal, allowing for more personal space on the vehicles, sights visited, hotels and restaurants.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.