- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 7 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Take a longer hike along unrestored sections of the Great Wall away from the tourist hordes, admiring the views of winding mountain ranges and endless horizons.
- Discover local life near the Great Wall when staying at a familyrun local guesthouse, sitting down to a delicious homecooked meal each evening.
- Find your zen while learning kung fu from a local master. Learn the basic principles and common misconceptions of this martial art while being guided through moves and practices.
- Explore the Forbidden City and then cycle around Beijing on a bike tour that takes you through parks, temples and winding alleyways.
This seven-day active adventure takes you straight to some of China’s most enduring symbols. Spend three days hiking sections of the Great Wall of China, including time spent walking an unrestored trail. Less known than other parts, take in some jaw-dropping views, often without another traveller in sight! Keep the activity coming and unearth your inner zen with a lesson in kung fu from a local master, then change gears and swap your walking shoes for the saddle of a bike for city biking tour in Beijing. If it’s an active adventure of China you want, an active adventure you’ll get.
all in all a great tour.”
Great Wall (Hiking)
Great Wall (Hiking)
Jinshanling Great Wall (Hiking) – Changping
Changping (Kung Fu) – Beijing
- Hotel (3 nights), Guesthouse (3 nights)
- 3 Breakfast, 5 Lunch, 3 Dinner
- Private vehicle
- Great Wall - Dumpling making
- Great Wall - Huanghuacheng Section
- Great Wall - Gubeikou to Jinshanling trek
- Great Wall - Jinshanling section
- Miyun - Kung fu lesson
- Beijing - Forbidden City (entrance fee included)
- Beijing - Temple of Earth
- Beijing - Jingshan Park
- Beijing - bike tour
- Any international flights to/from Beijing are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this China: Great Wall Hike, Bike & Kung Fu tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 48+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this China: Great Wall Hike, Bike & Kung Fu tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 23 days before departure. For any departures within 27 August 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
China: Great Wall Hike, Bike & Kung Fu tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this China: Great Wall Hike, Bike & Kung Fu tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This trip has active inclusions most days, so you will be expected to have reasonable fitness to be able to fully enjoy all the activities. While there is nothing technical and no specialised knowledge is required, previous experience in hiking and cycling will definitely help!
- We will hike some original, unrestored sections of the Great Wall which are very steep and uneven and can be tough going for many. Good footwear and steady balance are a must.
- As there is little free time or included activities in Beijing on this trip, we highly recommend booking to stay additional days to explore the city.
- If you are keen to spend more time being active in China, check out our China: Hike, Bike & Kayak trip too – search trip code CBXGC on the Intrepid website for more information.
Last modified (date)
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers
Joining point description
Finish point description