- City sightseeing
- Train tour
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Art and architecture
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Beijing Walk along the incredible Great Wall at Mutianyu. Free time to explore the Forbidden City and Temple of Heaven
- Xian Visit the thousands of warrior statues which make up the Terracotta Army
- Suzhou Relax on the traditional walled city of Suzhou, famous for immaculate sculptured gardens
- Shanghai Explore the modern heart of China
Discover China's greatest sights including the Great Wall, Tiananmen Square, the Terracotta Warriors and the bright lights of Shanghai. Travelling in between each great Chinese city we get to meet local people as we journey on public transport including China's vast railway network. Beijing - Walk along the Great Wall at Mutianyu and see the Forbidden City, a former imperial palace Xian - Visit the thousands of warrior statues which make up the Terracotta Army Shanghai- Explore the modern heart of China, including impressive skyscrapers and 'The Bund' on the banks of the river
Day 1 : Join trip in Beijing
Day 2 : Discover the sights of Beijing; including the Forbidden City
Day 3 : Walk the Great Wall before catching a sleeper train to Xian
Day 4 : In Xian; Visit the Old Ming Dynasty City Wall
Day 5 : Explore the Terracotta Army; overnight train to Suzhou
Day 6 : Optional boat ride along Suzhou's canal's
Day 7 : Enjoy the beautiful garden in Suzhou; bullet train to Shanghai
Day 8 : Optional visit to the Oriental Pearl TV and Radio Tower
Day 9 : Trip ends in Shanghai
- Xiao Xiang Hotel (2 nights)
- Overnight Train from Beijing to Xian (1 night)
- Jie Fang Hotel (1 night)
- Overnight Train: Xian/Suzhou (1 night)
- Gu Su Hotel Suzhou (1 night)
- Railway Mansion (2 nights)
- 7 Breakfasts
- Explore Tour Leader
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Beijing and from Shanghai are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this China Explorer tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 47+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this China Explorer tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 17 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 17 August 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
China Explorer tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this China Explorer tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.