- City sightseeing
- Countryside and village visits
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Art and architecture
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- max group size 15
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Walk the Great Wall and cycle along the Xi'an city walls.
- Explore Beijing's traditional alleys and backstreets known as hutongs.
- Enjoy a performance of shadow puppetry.
- Face the Terracotta Warriors and visit the farming community where they were discovered.
Combine the hustle and bustle of China’s booming cities with the tranquility of rural life on this unforgettable adventure. Explore hidden corners of Beijing’s Forbidden City; trek atop the majestic Great Wall; and sample street food in Xi’an, home to the incredible terra-cotta army. Then venture into the countryside, enjoying a paddle on the scenic Li River and learning to cook up regional specialties in Yangshuo. Along the way, discover ancient customs that contrast with rapidly modernizing lifestyles, revealing China’s true allure.
Day 1: Beijing
Day 2: Beijing
Day 3: Beijing
Day 4: Beijing/Xi'an
Day 5: Xi'an
Day 6: Xi'an
Day 7: Yangshuo Countryside
Day 8: Yangshuo Countryside
Day 9: Yangshuo
Day 10: Yangshuo/Shanghai
Day 11: Shanghai
Day 12: Shanghai
- Hotels (10 nts), Soft-sleeper train (1 nt)
11 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 3 dinners
Note: Allow USD325-425 for meals not included.
- Private bus, plane, boat, train, bicycle, walking.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, local guides.
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Chinese Shadow Puppetry, Xi'an
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Tai Chi Class, Yangshuo
- Your G for Good Moment: Jia Community Restaurant, Yangshuo
- Your Foodie Moment: Central Chinese Cooking Class - Yangshuo, Yangshuo
- Your Discover Moment: Shanghai
- Arrival transfer
- Visit Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City, and the Temple of Heaven
- Visit Beijing's traditional hutongs
- Excursion to the Great Wall
- Xi'an Muslim quarter orientation walk and Gao’s Grand Courtyard
- Cycle along the Xi'an city walls
- Terracotta warriors tour
- Lunch in a local village
- Li River boat ride
- Walk through the countryside with village visits
- Shanghai orientation walk
- Internal flights
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Beijing and from Shanghai are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Best of China tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 101+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Best of China tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 19 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 19 August 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Best of China tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Best of China tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a G Adventures tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : National Geographic JourneysGreater exploration, insider access, and the freedom to roam – all without sacrificing comfort.
- 2. Service Level : UpgradedQuality accommodations and more inclusions than on other G Adventures tours, like meals, private transport, and activities.
- 3. Physical Grading : 2 - LightLight walking and hiking suitable for most fitness levels. Nothing too challenging.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- This tour has been limited to a group size of 12 participants to protect against COVID-19. The tour will furthermore adhere to any local government restrictions on group sizes to ensure that everybody are kept safe.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.