- duration 3.5 hours
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- age_requirement 18+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Taste 7 different traditional style rice wines (including sparkling rice wine) and learn the stories behind what you taste
- Visit Beijing’s best breweries with a local who knows how to find them
- Discover oldworld Beijing's traditional hutongs amid the city’s urban sprawl
- Sample the city’s favourite street BBQ from a local vendor
Celebrate China’s craft beer boom and the legecy of rice wine with a local leading the way. Discover local bars that serve outstanding artisan craft beers with an exciting Chinese twist, as well as a hidden bar specializing in traditional sticky rice wine. Then top off your Beijing bar-hopping adventure with a favourite local street snack. Eat, drink and make friends with like-minded drink & food enthusiasts from around the world – what’s not to love?! Ganbei!
From our meeting point, we will take you on a 10-minute stroll through the old town with its narrow alleys and hutongs (or traditional houses). In a city full of impressive skyscrapers and big industry, it is refreshing to get lost amongst these narrow alleyways – a link to the city’s fascinating past.
Our first stop is a bar specializing in rice wine nestled in the old hutongs, featuring quiet surroundings with an elegant touch of Chinese history and art. With its charming vintage wooden beams dating back to the 1970s and a truly local vibe, it's a fantastic venue to taste different rice wines while admiring art and savoring some local history.
Our next two stops shift the focus to beer. Although they are very close together, these places are worlds apart in terms of design and what they offer. First up is a charming hole in the wall (one of the smallest breweries in town) that just so happens to be producing some of the best craft beer in China.
Next up is a chic affair, very modern-industrial, with concrete floors, massive fermentation tanks, and a delightful rooftop terrace. The pub boasts a constantly changing and expanding selection of custom-made brews, offering a wide range of flavours.
Our final stop will be for some local BBQ. Chuan’r is the most popular street snack amongst Beijingers; it’s a marinated skewer of meat, traditionally lamb but can now be anything (including veggie). This delicious snack is typically spiced with a combination of cumin, sesame, and pepper flakes and then cooked on make-shift grills - in our opinion, the perfect way to cap off an evening of bar-hopping in Beijing!
Once the tour is over you are welcome to stay for another drink (or two!) and have a chat with your fellow tour-goers to find out their top tips for visiting Beijing. Or ask your in-the-know local guide for more advice on how to get the best out of this remarkable city.
- BBQ dinner.
- Local English-speaking guide
- 6-7 different type of rice wine
- 2 glasses of craft beer at 2 different bars
- Additional food or drinks
- transportation to and from the meeting point
- souvenirs and personal shopping
- tips/gratuities for your guide.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Beijing Wine, Beer & BBQ tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 19 January 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 19 January 2021, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Beijing Wine, Beer & BBQ tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Beijing Wine, Beer & BBQ tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
Beixinqiao (北新桥) Metro Station (line 5), outside of exit D.Meeting end point :
Beixinqiao (北新桥) near Lama temple.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.