- Local culture
- Museum and gallery visits
- Train tour
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 23 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 16
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Experience this incredible bucketlist rail adventure through China, Mongolia, and Russia – one of the world’s greatest and most epic journeys
- Stay in the Mongolian wilderness localstyle with an overnight in a tourist ger camp
- Immerse yourself in Mongolia's rich cultural heritage, from the country’s original Buddhist temple to the city built by Genghis Khan
- Discover a way of life that has changed very little since the 18th century with a visit to an ‘Old Believers Village’ near Ulan Ude
Big, bigger, biggest! Travel from the world’s greatest wall, along the world’s longest railway line, through the world’s largest nation, to the world’s deepest freshwater lake. Explore far-flung cities, small rural villages and everything in between in this breathtaking part of the world. Journey to China and see the sights of Beijing, stay overnight in a Mongolian ger, then ride the Trans-Siberian Railway through Russia to see impressive St Petersburg and the small town of Kungur. Immerse yourself in the culture and traditions of this region on this exciting trip, while gaining insight into a big part of the world that is little explored.
Please see https://www.intrepidtravel.com/au/travel-alerts for important updates about this trip
Terelj National Park - Ger Camp
Perm - Overnight Train
Moscow – Overnight Train
- Hotel (10 nights), Overnight Sleeper Train (7 nights), Guesthouse (3 nights), Ger Camp (2 nights)
- 14 Breakfasts, 4 Lunches, 5 Dinners
- Overnight Sleeper Train , Public Bus , Private Bus , Taxi , Train , Metro , High-speed Train
- An expert tour leader
- Terelj National Park
- Terelj National Park - Buuz Cooking class
- Ulaanbaatar - Genghis Khan Monument
- Ulaanbaatar - City Tour including Zaisan Hill, Winter Palace & Gandan Monastery
- Lake Baikal - Banya (Russian sauna)
- Ulan Ude - Tarbagatay Old believers village
- Kungur - Family visit
- Kungur - Guided walking tour
- Suzdal - Home-cooked meal and pastry baking demonstration
- Suzdal - Guided sightseeing walking tour
- Moscow - Kremlin & Armoury Guided Tour
- Moscow - Red Square & Lenin's Mausoleum
- Novgorod - Walking Tour & Kremlin
- St Petersburg - Tea party with local family
- Any international flights to Beijing and from Saint Petersburg are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Beijing to St Petersburg tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 172+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Beijing to St Petersburg tour. You can cancel the tour up to 28 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 27 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 19 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 19 October 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 27 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Beijing to St Petersburg tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Beijing to St Petersburg tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Be prepared for some very long travel days on this trip (both on and off the train) – you are crossing the largest country on Earth after all! Settle into the rhythm and enjoy the scenery, your book, or chatting with your fellow travellers or the locals.
- Conditions are simple but comfortable – an authentic experience and a great way to meet, and travel like, the locals. There is a toilet/bathroom and compartments with bunks/berths. Please note that we travel 2nd class on all overnight trains (4 people per compartment). While we always try to have our groups staying together, there may be times where due to ticket availability the group will be staying in different compartments and carriages.
- Some of the accommodation along the way is basic, staying in ger camps, local guesthouses and homestays with limited facilities. Some facilities are shared and some accommodation has only cold water. This all adds up to a real and authentic adventure.
- Be prepared for three vastly different countries and experience all the cultural differences they have to offer, both from your home country, and from each other.
- Please note that on occasion Lenin's Mausoleum and Red Square may be closed to the public during regular opening hours without prior warning.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers
Finish point description
Finish point instructions