- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Sprawling Beijing
- Sunrise on the Great Wall of China
- Swimming in crystal clear lagoons
- Beautiful rural landscapes of Hangzhou
This 9-day budget China tour takes you from the capital Beijing to Shanghai, the most populated city in the world. Experience the best of China's urban sprawl and beautiful rural landscapes on an adventure through this magical country.
Starting in the sprawling capital of Beijing this short tour of China gives you plenty of time to explore on of the most historic and culturally rich cities in the world. We also head out to marvel at one of the true wonders of the world, the Great Wall of China, and camp on a deserted section of the wall to watch the sunset.
Leaving the city crowds behind we next head out into rural China to the Hangzhou region and an option to trek to Moganshan Peak and to Chairman Mao's old summer residence. We'll also visit a stunning lagoon to swim in the crystal clear waters.
Our final destination is Shanghai, the biggest city in the world, and time to sample the vibrant nightlife on offer. There is plenty of opportunity to explore the sights, sounds and mouth-watering cuisine of this amazing city, and no doubt enjoy a little shopping spree as well.
Day 1 : Meet in Beijing, Mandarin Challenge & Great Wall
Day 2 : Beijing, free day (optional excursions available)
Day 3 : Beijing, free day (optional excursions available)
Day 4 : Beijing, free day (optional excursions available), then train to Hangzhou
Day 5 : Arrive Hangzhou, transfer to Moganshan
Day 6 : Mogansan Peak option, transfer to Shanghai
Day 7 : Shanghai, free day (optional excursions available)
Day 8 : Shanghai, free day (optional excursions available)
Day 9 : Tour ends
- All accommodation as stated in the itinerary in basic hostels
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- All transport and transfers in trains, buses & public transport
- Bilingual adventure leaders
- Sightseeing tours as detailed in the itinerary
- Entry fees to included activities
- International flights (available on request)
- Visa fees
- Travel insurance (compulsory, available on request)
- Single room supplements (chargeable if a same-sex room share is not available)
- Airport arrival & departure transfer service (optional on request)
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Optional activies
- Drinks, snacks and other personal expenses (e.g. laundry)
- Tour guide tips
- Any other items not mentioned above
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 37 today.
- Earn US$ 25+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Beijing to Shanghai Express tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 14 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 14 March 2021, a deposit of 250 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 55 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Beijing to Shanghai Express tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Beijing to Shanghai Express tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Tours will be reduced to smaller group sizes to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This package trip adheres to protocols which are in line with the recommendations from the World Travel & Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travel’ guidelines.