- City sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Art and architecture
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Small group
- age requirement 18-39 yrs
- max group size 18
- Footprint carbonneutralCO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date prior to 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour You can select a new tour run by the same operator up to 30 days before departure.
- Trek along the Great Wall.
- Take in ancient and modern China.
- Explore Xi'an's Muslim Quarter.
- Stroll the historic canals of Suzhou.
- Enjoy a night out at karaoke.
Now's the time to explore China on your terms with this tour that's affordable for young travellers. With its Great Wall, Forbidden City, and army of Terracotta Warriors, China can be a lil' bit intimidating. But this eight-day trip will wipe away any worries — you'll have an expert Chief Experience Officer (CEO) leading the way and you'll hit the highlights in the company of other young travellers. Get a mix of the modern and the historic with plenty of time to enjoy the nightlife. Best of all, you're in control — see the sights you like and skip the ones you don't — so it's an adventure you'll never forget.
Day 1: Beijing
Day 2: Beijing
Day 3: Beijing/Xi'an
Day 4: Xi'an
Day 5: Xi'an/Suzhou
Day 6: Suzhou
Day 7: Suzhou/Shanghai
Day 8: Shanghai
- Hotels (3 nts), Hostels (standard twin/double) (2 nts), sleeper trains (2 nts).
No meals included
Note: Allow USD185-240 for meals not included.
- Train, local bus, walking.
- English-speaking Chinese CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your First Night Out Moment: Connect With New Friends
- Your Discover Moment: Beijing
- Your Big Night Out Moment: Private Karaoke Session
- Excursion to the Great Wall
- Orientation walks in Xi'an and Shanghai
- Private karaoke session for the group (Suzhou)
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Beijing and from Shanghai are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Beijing to Shanghai Adventure: Ancient Kingdoms & Karaoke tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 34 today.
- Earn US$ 22+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Beijing to Shanghai Adventure: Ancient Kingdoms & Karaoke tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 27 March 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 27 March 2022, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Beijing to Shanghai Adventure: Ancient Kingdoms & Karaoke tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Beijing to Shanghai Adventure: Ancient Kingdoms & Karaoke tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
minimum 18 years oldDoes this trip suit me?
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day or have a negative PCR test within 96 hours before your departure day.