- duration 11 days
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- age_requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Visit the Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square and the Temple of Heaven in Beijing
- Visit the Mutianyu section of the Great Wall
- Discover Xian the traditional starting point of the Silk Road
- View the Terracotta Warriors of Qin Shihuangs tomb
A fascinating journey for those seeking a cultural taste of China and Tibet. We commence our journey in one of the worlds most majestic cities, Beijing. Here we visit some of the most historically significant landmarks including the Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square and China's largest man made structure, The Great Wall. After sampling some exquisite local cuisine, we board our overnight train to Xian and marvel at one of the most important discoveries of the 20th century, the Terracotta Warriors. After visiting the Xian’s lively Muslim quarter we stroll along the magnificent city walls before a flight to Xining where we board our overnight train to Lhasa. Here we take in the highlights of this ancient city including the Potala Palace, the Jokhang Temple and the Norbulingka - a great way to end this unique experience.
From the onset of our journey it was an excellent experience. Hotels and eco lodges were top class.
Many thanks to all the team at World Expeditions.”
Day 1 : Arrive Beijing
Day 2 : In Beijing
Day 3 : The Great Wall of China
Day 4 : Beijing, overnight train to Xian
Day 5 : Xian & The Terracotta Warriors
Day 6 : In Xian
Day 7 : Fly to Xining, overnight train to Lhasa
Day 8 : Arrive Lhasa
Day 9-10 : In Lhasa
Day 11 : In Lhasa, trip concludes
- Comfortable hotels on a twin share basis
- 9 breakfasts, 5 lunches and 6 dinners
- Private air-conditioned vehicles
- Internal flight Xian/Xining valued at approx. US$130
- Expert bilingual guides throughout. For smaller groups of 2 - 5 passengers we employ expert local guides in each location
- Medical kit
- Sightseeing and entry fees as listed in itinerary
- Soft sleeper train between Beijing/Xian and Xining/Lhasa
- Bottled Oxygen for emergency use
- Items of a personal nature such as laundry, postage, alcoholic beverages
- International flights
- Additional transport required due to any emergency situation
- Sightseeing and entry fees not listed in the itinerary
- Visa fees
- Departure taxes
- Guide tips and gratitudes
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 160 today.
- Earn US$ 106+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Beijing to Lhasa Journey tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 30 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 30 March 2021, a deposit of 341 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Beijing to Lhasa Journey tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Beijing to Lhasa Journey tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.