- duration 18 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore Lhasa, including the Potala Palace, former home of the Dalai Lama
- Visit the Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square and the Temple of Heaven in Beijing
- Journey overland through Tibet to sacred Buddhist monasteries and stunning mountain scenery
- Walk the Mutianyu section of the Great Wall
A unique journey through China and Tibet exploring stark contrasts from the metropolis of Beijing to the vast landscapes of the Himalaya and the Tibetan Plateau. We begin our journey in Beijing - a contrasting metropolis of the imperial capital and 21st century architecture. In Xian the Terracotta Warriors are a highlight, and we also visit the Muslim quarter with its hidden mosque and food stalls. After visiting the Xian’s lively Muslim quarter we stroll along the magnificent city walls before a flight to Xining where we board our overnight train to Lhasa which links us with the Tibetan Plateau. In Lhasa our Tibetan speaking guides immerse us into the culture and the highlights including the Potala Palace, Norbulingka and Jokhang. To complete our journey we travel by vehicle to vibrant and chaotic Kathmandu, diverting enroute to the famous Rongpu Valley to view the immense north face of Mount Everest.
Day 1 : Arrive Beijing
Day 2 : In Beijing
Day 3 : The Great Wall of China
Day 4 : Beijing, overnight train to Xian
Day 5 : Xian & The Terracotta Warriors
Day 6 : In Xian
Day 7 : Fly to Xining, overnight train to Lhasa
Day 8 : Arrive Lhasa
Day 9-10 : In Lhasa
Day 11 : Drive to Gyangtse via the Khamba Pass (4,900m) and Karo La (5,200m).
Day 12 : In Gyangtse, drive to Shigatse (3,845m)
Day 13 : Drive to Shegar (4,330m)
Day 14 : Drive to Rongbuk (5,000m) via the Pang La (5,150m)
Day 15 : Rongbuk Monastery then drive to Tingri (4,300m)
Day 16 : Drive to Kyirong (4,130m)
Day 17 : Drive to Kathmandu (1,400m)
Day 18 : In Kathmandu, trip concludes
- Comfortable accommodation on a twin share basis
- 16 breakfasts, 12 lunches and 12 dinners
- Internal Flight Xian/Xining
- Private air-conditioned vehicles and 4WD
- Expert bilingual guides
- WE kit bag, down jacket and sleeping bag and liner on arrival in Lhasa
- Soft sleeper train between Beijing/Xian/Lhasa
- Bottled Oxygen for emergency use
- Medical kit
- Sightseeing and entry fees as listed in itinerary
- International flights
- Additional transport required due to any emergency situation
- Sightseeing and entry fees not listed in the itinerary
- Visa fees
- Departure taxes
- Guide tips and gratitudes
- Items of a personal nature such as laundry, postage, alcoholic beverages
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 232 today.
- Earn US$ 154+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Beijing to Kathmandu tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 31 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 31 March 2021, a deposit of 342 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Beijing to Kathmandu tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Beijing to Kathmandu tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.