- Countryside and village visits
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Art and architecture
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 16 days
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Meet the ancient Terracotta Warriors.
- Visit the Great Wall of China.
- Sleep in a temple atop Mt Kōya.
- Get a bird'seye view of Mt Fuji from a cable car.
Explore two ancient nations in 16 well-packed days on this unique journey that takes you from the epic lengths of the Great Wall of China to the poetic views of Mt Fuji. Hop aboard trains and ferries and face an army of Terracotta Warriors for a historical encounter you won't soon forget. Spend nights in a traditional ryokan and a shukubo temple lodging for an authentic Japanese experience. Our CEOs will take you off the beaten track to reveal the cultural treasures of the region’s ancient sites.
Day 1: Beijing
Day 2: Beijing
Day 3: Beijing/Xi'an
Day 4: Xi'an
Day 5: Xi'an/Shanghai
Day 6: Shanghai
Day 7: Shanghai
Day 8: Shanghai/Osaka
Day 9: Osaka/Kōyasan
Day 10: Kōyasan/Hiroshima
Day 11: Hiroshima
Day 12: Hiroshima/Kyoto
Day 13: Kyoto
Day 14: Kyoto/Hakone
Day 15: Hakone/Tokyo
Day 16: Tokyo
- Hotels (13 nts), mountain monastery (1 nt, shared facilities), traditional inn (1 nt, shared facilities).
4 breakfasts, 2 dinners
Note: Allow USD530-690 for meals not included.
- Train, local bus, air-conditioned bus, walking, metro, bullet train, plane, ferry.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout except on the flight from China to Japan, local guides.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your Discover Moment: Shanghai
- Your Local Living Moment: Overnight in Mount Kōya Temple, Kōyasan
- Great Wall excursion and entrance (Beijing)
- Tiananmen Square and Forbidden City guided tour
- Terracotta Warriors excursion (Xi'an)
- Master of the Nets Garden visit (Suzhou)
- Shanghai orientation walk
- Chinese acrobat performance (Shanghai)
- Hiroshima Peace Park and Museum visit
- Miyajima excursion with floating torii gate visit
- Nijo Castle and gardens visit (Kyoto)
- Gion walk
- Fushimi Inari shrine visit
- Lake Ashino-ko boat ride
- Traditional ryokan stay with kaiseki meal
- Japan Rail (JR) pass (7 days)
- Internal flight
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Beijing and from Tokyo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Ancient Empires—Beijing to Tokyo tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 212 today.
- Earn US$ 141+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Ancient Empires—Beijing to Tokyo tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Ancient Empires—Beijing to Tokyo tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Ancient Empires—Beijing to Tokyo tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a G Adventures tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : RailGet closer to the big cities, isolated communities, and stunning landscapes of the world's greatest destinations via train-based adventures on iconic rail routes.
- 2. Service Level : StandardComfortable tourist-class accommodations with character; mix of public and private transport.
- 3. Physical Grading : 3 - AverageSome tours may include light hiking, biking, rafting, or kayaking in addition to walking.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.