- Wildlife safaris and game drives
- duration 6 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- max group size 14
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Two evenings spent in a hide observing Brown bearsNature rafting, husky walk and follow the 'Little Bear' trail Soak up the tranqulity and stillness of Oulanka National Park in summer Bright nights with up to 22 hours of daylight
As if impatient from the tortuously cold winter months, far Eastern Finland emerges from hibernation in full bloom, its fauna keen to redress the balance. Delve into the wilderness to unravel and illuminate its remarkable wildlife, watching eagerly from a hide for the arrival of Brown bears. Bears aren't the only highlight as we get to experience the Finnish wilderness of Oulanka National Park, with its whitewater rivers, spruce forest and scotch pine. Nature rafting and a husky walk are also part of the adventure.
Day 1: Start Basecamp Oulanka
Day 2: Wilderness skills walk in Oulanka N.P.; visit Brown bear hide.
Day 3: Husky walk through Riisitunturi National Park
Day 4: Nature rafting on River Kitka near the Russian Border zone; guided walk
through taiga forest to learn about the habitat of Brown bears; evening visit
Brown bear hide.
Day 5: Walk the famous Pieni Karhunkierros (Little Bear) Trail in Oulanka N.P.;
optional evening visit to Brown bear hide
Day 6: End Basecamp Oulanka
- All accommodation All transport and listed activities
- All breakfasts, 4 lunches and 5 dinners
- Oulanka Travel by private minibus, on foot and by raft Group normally 4 to 14 with local leader.
- Local tour leader throughout
- 5 nights at
- Min age 18 yrs No experience necessary
- Outdoor clothing and equipment for rafting
- Any international flights to/from Basecamp Oulanka are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Wild Finland tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 104+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Wild Finland tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 November 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Wild Finland tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Wild Finland tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.