- duration 8 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 16-95 yrs
- max group size 12
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-7607
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Break new trails in an idyllic winter landscape
- Explore two national parks
- Stay in cosy accommodation with a sauna and outdoor hot tub
- Try downhill skiing and snowmobile safaris
In the heart of the Finnish wilderness is the beautiful Oulanka National Park, a vast expanse of snow-laden pine trees, frozen lakes and waterfalls. There is no better way to explore this stunning setting than by strapping on a pair of snowshoes and heading out to break new trails. In the company of our expert leader, we take varied day tours in the surrounding area, including a visit to the spectacular Riisitunturi National Park.
Day 1: Start Basecamp Oulanka
Day 2: Introduction to snowshoeing with an easy hike in the national park
Day 3: Snowshoe walk over suspension bridge around Lake Jyravajarvi and Castle Rocks
Day 4: Transfer to Riisitunturi National Park; walk through a unique landscape to a viewpoint
Day 5: Free day in Ruka for optional activities
Day 6: Long snowshoe tour in Oulanka National Park following the Little Bear Trail
Day 7: Optional activities including snowmobiling and abseiling; farewell dinner
Day 8: End Basecamp Oulanka
- All accommodation
- All breakfasts, five lunches and seven dinners
- All transport and listed activities
- Local tour leaders throughout
- Snowshoes and poles
- Travel insurance
- Single accommodation (available on request)
- Visas or vaccinations
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 110+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Snowshoeing in Finland tour. You can cancel the tour up to 93 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 92 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 May 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 May 2024, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 92 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Snowshoeing in Finland tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Snowshoeing in Finland tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Group sizes are kept small to maintain a low risk ‘small group bubble’, with an average of 10 guests in each group.
- Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- All travellers will be required to be fully vaccinated no less than two weeks prior to travel.