- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Enjoy a host of winter activities in magical surroundings
- Stay in fantastic lodge accommodation
- Experience an evening snowshoeing under the Northern Lights
In the heart of Oulanka National Park sits Basecamp Oulanka, a self-sustained complex of wooden buildings in a truly stunning location. In one of the most sparsely populated areas in Europe, you are able to enjoy a variety of winter activities in this beautiful landscape and hardly ever see another soul. Dogsledding through the silent snow-caked forests, you couldn’t feel more removed from the hustle and bustle of city life. Get back to nature this winter and head to Basecamp.
I loved every minute of this trip and highly recommend it!”
Day 1: Start Basecamp Oulanka.
Day 2: Snowshoe hike in Oulanka National park walking through snow-caked trees and
along the Kitka River
Day 3: Cross-country skiing in the morning heading down to the Juuma lake; free
Day 4: Half-day dogsledding instruction and tour (about 10km) in Riisitunturi
National Park; optional ice climbing.
Day 5: Free day in Ruka; morning option of snowmobile safari; afternoon option of
Day 6: Wilderness skills including quinzee building and fire-making; optional night
in the quinzee.
Day 7: Optional activities including ice climbing, dogsledding, or unguided
cross-country skiing; dinner around a campfire.
Day 8: End Basecamp Oulanka.
- All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 5 lunches and 7 dinners
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- 7 nights Basecamp Oulanka: twin/double rooms with en suite bathrooms in two separate buildings
- 5 days mixed activities
- Group normally starting from 4, plus leaders. Min age 16 years
- All Arctic winter equipment and clothing provided
- Local tour leaders throughout
- All specialist equipment
- Any international flights to/from Basecamp Oulanka are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Finnish Wilderness Week tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 90+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Finnish Wilderness Week tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 258 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 29 November 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Finnish Wilderness Week tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Finnish Wilderness Week tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.