- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Cycle through the remote Finnish Wilderness
- Cross snowladen forests and fells
- Chance to see the Northern Lights
Take on the wilderness in an entirely new way on this new fat biking trip. This is mountain biking turned up to the max – chunky, extra grip tyres allow you to ride your bike through the snow like never before. You’ll be out on the incredible Finnish taiga, cycling through primordial forests, along frozen lakes and towards spectacular snow-covered horizons. Pre-prepared tracks in the snow allow you to ride with relative ease, whilst seeing the best of arctic Finland from the saddle. As if that isn’t enough, you’ll stay in remote wilderness cabins with traditional saunas and authentic cuisine to keep you cosy when the daylight fades, and if you’re lucky, the chance to watch the dance of the Northern Lights. This is the ultimate winter biking adventure, a truly unique experience!
Day 1: Start Logging Lodge by Basecamp Oulanka
Day 2: An introduction to fat biking on snow.
Day 3: Cycle over frozen rivers and along the Russian border to a remote wilderness
Day 4: Fat bike exploration along the Russian border; climb to a viewpoint for
spectacular views over Lake Paanajärvi.
Day 5: Ride across a vast pine trees forest back to the Logging Lodge.
Day 6: Free day optional activities.
Day 7: Cycle along the Juhtivaara Fell
Day 8: End Logging Lodge
- Return flight from either Gatwick or Heathrow to Kuusamo, airport transfers (for group flight only)
- 5 nights wilderness lodge, 2 nights simple lodge with shared facilities
- 5 days guided fat biking
- Group normally 5‐14, plus leader. Min age 16 years
- Prepared trails in the Oulanka National Park area
- Rental of fat bikes
- Local tour leaders throughout
- Any international flights to/from Basecamp Oulanka are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Fat biking in Finland tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 90+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Fat biking in Finland tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 258 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 03 August 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Fat biking in Finland tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Fat biking in Finland tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.