- Montserrat mountain is special for its rocks shape
- The Basilica de Montserrat holds the Montserrat Virgin, the patron saint of Catalonia
- L’Escolania, the children’s choir, takes part in the sanctuary prayers with sacred music
- Breathtaking views of this natural park and towns around are enjoyed from the mountain
The rocks of Montserrat were formed by natural cement of sand during the centuries. The wind and rain shaped the mountain with strange and varied forms. The popular imagination has seen human or animal shape in some of these peaks, giving those names and inventing legends to explain their fantastic origins. This trip to Montserrat will give you the opportunity to enjoy the wonderful and breathtaking views of the Montserrat Mountain, one of nature’s special creations.
You will go up to Montserrat with the Cog – Wheel Train, which leaves you in the middle of the Monastery. It is a 15-minute trip with a privileged and spectacular view of the mountain. The train has panoramic windows which make the actual journey an interesting attraction. The train is air-conditioned and they are completely wheelchair-friendly.
You will visit the Royal Basilica of Montserrat, which holds the famous 12th century Romanesque carving of Verge Moreneta (the Black Madonna). You will be able to see this famous statue of the Black Madonna from a distance.
Today, Montserrat has been modernized to continue attending to the needs to pilgrims, one thousand years after it was originally founded.
You will be given some free time to visit the audiovisual exhibition about the history and creation of Montserrat. And taste typical liquors of Montserrat.
- Bilingual official guide
- Air conditioned motor coach
- Taste of 4 typical liquors, handmade by the monks of the monastery
- Entrance to the audiovisual exhibition in Montserrat “Espai Audiovisual Montserrat”
- Cog – Wheel Train
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Correct dress code is requested to enter the Basilica at Montserrat. It is not permitted to enter with tank tops, strapless shirts, short shorts or sandals.
Please be aware that some walking is included during this tour, please come prepared and we recommend wearing comfortable clothes and shoes.
At Montserrat there is a mountains climate, depending on the season you will need clothes protecting you from the rain and/or cold.
No refund for cancellations submitted less than 24 hours prior departure or no shows.