- Wonderful and breathtaking views of the Montserrat Mountain
- Visit the Royal Basilica of Montserrat
- Visit the audiovisual exhibition about the history and creation of Montserrat
- Taste some typical liquors of Montserrat
The rocks of Montserrat were formed by natural cement of sand during the centuries. The wind and rain shaped the mountain with strange and varied forms. The popular imagination has seen human or animal shape in some of these peaks, giving those names and inventing legends to explain their fantastic origins. This trip to Montserrat will give you the opportunity to enjoy the wonderful and breathtaking views of the Montserrat Mountain, one of nature’s special creations.
You will visit the Royal Basilica of Montserrat, which holds the famous 12th century Romanesque carving of Verge Moreneta (the Black Virgin). You will be able to see this famous statue of the Black Virgin from a distance. The Benedict sanctuary of Montserrat has been founded in 1025 and provides a mystical backdrop for the Virgin of Montserrat, the patron saint of Catalonia who is enshrined in the monastery's Royal Basilica. The little monastery soon began to receive pilgrims and visitors who contributed to the spread of stories of miracles and wonders performed by the Virgin. Today, Montserrat has been modernized to continue attending to the needs to pilgrims, one thousand years after it was originally founded.
You will be given some free time to visit the audiovisual exhibition about the history and creation of Montserrat. And taste typical liquors of Montserrat.
On some days the children's choir sings in the monastery and so you may be fortunate enough to catch one of their delightful performances.
- Air conditioned motor coach
- Bilingual official guide
- Taste of 4 typical liquors. Handmade by the monks of the monastery
- Entrance to the audiovisual exhibition in Montserrat
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
2. Please be aware that some walking is included during this tour, please come prepared and we recommend wearing comfortable clothes and shoes.
3. At Montserrat there is a mountains climate, depending on the season you will need clothes protecting you from the rain and/or cold.