- Art and architecture
- duration 5 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 10+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Ayutthaya: Ancient capital of Siam and the location of a haunting UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Chiang Mai: Take in the views from the hilltop Wat Doi Suthep temple and explore the shopper’s paradise of San Kamphaeng Road
- Lamphun: Visit the thousandyearold Wat Phra That Hariphunchai, one of the holiest temples in the north.
- Sukhothai: Catch a glimpse of the historic former capital, admiring its wellpreserved ruins of temples and palaces.
Enjoy this memorable five-day tour discovering modern Thailand and the historic Siam. Starting and ending in Bangkok, admire the ancient monuments, dazzling temples and bustling markets that help make Thailand the most captivating country in Southeast Asia. Visit ruins such as those of Ayutthaya and Sukhothai, which offer an insight into the grandeur of past glories, and meet the inhabitants of remote rainforest villages, where the past is very much alive. Join us for a magical journey to uncover Siam’s glittering gems.
Day 1: Bangkok – Ayutthaya – Kamphaeng Phet (380km – 5hrs)
Day 2: Kamphaeng Phet – Lampang – Chiang Mai (350km – 5hrs)
Day 3: Chiang Mai (80 Kms - 2hrs)
Day 4: Chiang Mai – Lamphun – Sukhothai (370km – 5hrs)
Day 5: Sukhothai – Lopburi – Bangkok (480km – 7 Hrs)
- 4 nights' accommodation
- Half Board Option: 4 Breakfasts; 4 lunches
- Full Board Option: 4 Breakfasts; 4 lunches, 4 dinners
- Air-conditioned transportation, transfers as stated in the programme
- Operated with English/Italian/French/German or Spanish-speaking guide*
- All entrance fees as indicated: Ayutthaya Historical Park; Wat Phra That Lampang Luang, Long tail Boat cruise; Wat Phra That Doi Suthep and San Kamphaeng Road in Chiang Mai; Wat Phra That Hariphunchai in Lamphun; Sukhothai Historical Park; Phra Prang Sam Yot and San Phra Kan in Lopburi
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals if not stated explicitly in the programme
- Gratuity for driver and guide
- Optional tours
- International or domestic flight tickets and airport taxes or visa fees
- Pick-up from outer Bangkok hotels
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 21+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Trails And Gems Of Siam tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 17 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 17 July 2021, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Trails And Gems Of Siam tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Trails And Gems Of Siam tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has implemented smaller group sizes than normal, allowing for more personal space on the vehicles, sights visited, hotels and restaurants.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.