- duration 7 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ yrs
Our Thailand Heritage by Bicycle tour takes you back in time on a route paved by kingdom builders. The Chakri dynasty established the current capital of Bangkok or, as known by locals, Krung Thep, our starting point of the tour. From here we head north to the former Kingdom of Ayutthaya, once one of the wealthiest cities in the East during its heyday. The 33 kings of Ayutthaya ruled more than four centuries before the city was conquered and destroyed by the Burmese.
Cycling amongst the ruins we'll learn how the authoritarian god-kings of Ayutthaya ruled with an iron fist. Riding north through the rice basket of Thailand, we arrive at what is considered to be the first true Thai kingdom, Sukhothai. Under the Phra Ruang dynasty, the Thai alphabet was created, and Theravada Buddhism was established as the main religion in the short 130 years of power.
Riding further northward, the terrain becomes more rugged as mountains flank our path on both sides as enter what was once known as the Lanna Kingdoms. Here we'll cycle through the land once ruled by the Tai people and see their influence in the recently excavated ruins of the Haripunchai Kingdom before arriving at the northern capital of Chiang Mai founded in 1298.
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- English-speaking guide
- EBike US$ 350
- Any international flights to Bangkok and from Chiang Mai are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Thailand Heritage by Bicycle tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with SpiceRoads. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 105 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 70 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 599 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 44 days before departure. For any departures within 26 January 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Thailand Heritage by Bicycle tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Thailand Heritage by Bicycle tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Other Practical Information Minimum Participants The minimum number of Participant for this trip is 2