- City sightseeing
- Local culture
- duration 13 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 1+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Visit Bangkok's Grand Palace and the Temple of the Emerald Buddha
- Discover the floating markets of Damneon Saduak
- Explore the ancient cities of Ayutthaya and Sukhothai
- Trek in the hill tribe region of northern Thailand
The trip begins in bustling Bangkok, where you'll visit the city's main cultural sights, Buddhist temples and famous floating markets. Enjoy a city tour led with your English speaking local guide. Then, explore the ancient cities of Ayutthaya and Lopburi (also known as 'Monkey City'), before continuing your journey north to Sukhothai and Chiang Mai where you'll discover the distinctive culture of northern Thailand. Spend a night in a hill-tribe lodge and trek around the local area, before continuing your northern adventure and head east to the hill tribe region above Chiang Rai. You'll stay in a lodge right in the heart of a local community and enjoy trekking in the lush mountains before heading to Chiang Rai where your holiday ends.
For more details and activity descriptions, see the what's included section and the detailed itinerary.
Day 1: Arrive in Bangkok, transfer to hotel
Day 2: Guided tour of Bangkok
Day 3: Visit the floating markets, transfer to Ayutthaya
Day 4: Explore Lopburi, transfer to Sukhothai
Day 5: Explore Sukhothai
Day 6: Srisatchanalai Historical Park, transfer to Chaing Mai
Day 7: Elephant Nature Park
Day 8: Cookery lesson and visit hill-tribe region
Day 9: Explore Mae Rim District
Day 10: Drive to Chiang Rai, trek in mountains
Day 11: Full day trek through hill tribe region
Day 12: Visit the Golden Triangle
Day 13: Transfer to airport for flight home
- 12 nights accommodation
- Transfers as stated in itinerary
- Domestic flights as stated in itinerary
- Entrance fees to national parks and sites as stated in itinerary
- Local English speaking guide throughout
- International flights
- Optional activities and excursions not stated in itinerary
- Visas and travel insurance
- Earn US$ 124+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
20% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure, but the 20% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.