- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- This trip has a fabulous pace to it. There's plenty of action, and lots of room for quality family time in which to play, swim or stroll in some of Thailand's most amazing coastal and jungle destinations.
- A longtail boat trip on the canals is the perfect introduction to Bangkok. Follow it up with a visit to Wat Pho, where the largerthanlife reclining Buddha will blow you and your family’s mind.
- The food is excellent, there's a great spread of local restaurants, and your Ban Hua Tung homestay takes the hospitality to the next level, with home cooking and a cultural dance performance.
- The activities in Chiang Mai are both fun and educational. One minute you’ll be walking with rescued elephants, the next you're strolling through the sacred foothills of Chiang Dao learning about natural medicines.
Want a family getaway that’s a little different? From the colourful markets of Bangkok to the palm-fringed beaches of Hua Hin, introduce the kids to a new world on this Thailand trip with a twist. Watch rescued elephants splash in the mud at a nature park in Chiang Mai, see how other families live during a fun homestay, uncover the exciting history behind the ancient ruins of Ayutthaya and try some new and yummy treats along the backstreets of Bangkok. Both children and adults alike will have a blast on this carefully designed itinerary that promises new friends, heaps of fun and plenty of free time to connect as a family.
Our tour guide was very well-organised and very helpful for those who required extra assistance - like losing baggage / passport / remembering wrong flight times / having gold fish memory (yes... this all happened in the trip..). You would't need to worry if you're clumsy or forgetful as Intrepid tour guides will have you covered.
The itinerary is skewed towards a leisure one hence why the average age of our group is 50+ ranging from late 20's to 70's. If you're simply looking for a cultural experience I'd say this is the perfect choice. But if you're a bit more active and adventurous like me then you may feel too protected and bored somtimes.
Lastly some tips for shopping - save your money until you get to Udaipur as there's many more options and prices are a lot better. That way you don't need to lug around extra weight early in the trip too. Remember to bargain at expensive & bigger shops (those are the wealthy ones and they rip you off by a big margin) and not so much at the smaller shops (they aren't as rich!). Tour guides would sometimes hush you into particular shops unfortunately.. but don't feel pressured to make a purchase (easier said than done though) as those shop keepers are good at pitching.”
- Hotel (8 nights), Overnight sleeper train (2 nights), Homestay (1 night)
- 11 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner
- Private Minivan , Longtail boat , Overnight sleeper train
- An expert tour leader
- Bangkok - Khlong boat canal tour
- Bangkok - Wat Pho
- Kanchanaburi - Erawan National Park & Falls
- Kanchanaburi - Erawan National Park
- Ayutthaya - Temple Ruins entrance & guided tour
- Chiang Mai - Doi Suthep temple complex
- Chiang Mai - Chang Chill Elephant Sanctuary day trip
- Chiang Mai - Traditional Umbrella Factory
- Any international flights to/from Bangkok are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Thailand Family Holiday tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 58+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Thailand Family Holiday tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 17 February 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 17 February 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Thailand Family Holiday tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Thailand Family Holiday tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Prepare for hot and sticky temperatures during the day, but cooler climates in the evening. Layers are the best way to tackle this. Be sure to also drink plenty of water and use sun protection.
- You and your family will visit several temples on this trip, which means covering up arms and shoulders as per the local custom. A light scarf is a great idea for covering shoulders and arms when it’s hot.
- Your overnight train journey (Day 4) is quite long. Make the most of it by checking out the scenery and chatting with local travellers. There's nothing quite like waking up on a sleeper train in a new and exciting destination. While bedding is supplied some families choose to bring their own sleep sheets.
- The accommodation is basic at your homestay (with fold-out mattresses and shared facilities), but the experience of spending time with a local family in their home will more than make up for the lack of creature comforts.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point instructions
Finish point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Your fellow travellers
Joining point description
Finish point description