- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 21 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18-39 yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore some of Asia's largest cities.
- Travel by traditional bamboo raft.
- Trek on foot to visit remote hilltribe villages.
- Enjoy Thai beach life in Ko Samui.
Feast on a Nyonya delicacy in Melaka or delicious street food in Singapore as you hit the highlights of Southeast Asia. With other travellers your own age, you’ll enjoy this adventure’s pace, exploring the hilltribes of northern Thailand before mellowing out on the white-sand beaches of the exotic south. With your accommodation and transport arranged by our expert CEO, you’ll enjoy the freedom of roaming where you want to and choosing your activities – cross into Malaysia to experience mouth-watering laksa while shopping in KL's night market or take high tea at Raffles and try the Singapore Sling.
Day 1: Bangkok
Day 2: Bangkok/Chiang Mai
Day 3: Chiang Mai
Day 4: Chiang Mai/Ban Mae Jok
Day 5: Ban Mae Jok/Pa Khao Lam
Day 6: Pa Khao Lam/Chiang Mai
Day 7: Chiang Mai/Bangkok
Day 8: Bangkok
Day 9: Bangkok/Surat Thani
Day 10: Surat Thani/Khao Sok
Day 11: Khao Sok/Ko Samui Island
Day 12: Ko Samui Island
Day 13: Ko Samui Island/George Town
Day 14: George Town
Day 15: George Town/Chenderoh Lake
Day 16: Chenderoh Lake/Cameron Highlands
Day 17: Cameron Highlands/Kuala Lumpur
Day 18: Kuala Lumpur
Day 19: Kuala Lumpur/Melaka
Day 20: Melaka/Singapore
Day 21: Singapore
- Simple hotels (twin-share) or hostels (multi-share) (13 nts), basic bungalows (2 nts), basic hilltribe huts (2 nts, multi-share), sleeper trains (3 nts).
11 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 3 dinners
Note: Allow USD255-335 for meals not included.
- Local bus, minibus, train, walking, river raft, ferry.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout.
- Your Discover Moment: Bangkok
- Your Discover Moment: Chiang Mai
- Your Local Living Moment: Chenderoh Lake Homestay, Chenderoh Lake
- Hilltribe trek
- Bamboo rafting
- Ang Thong Marine Park island hopping tour
- Two street food crawls
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Bangkok and from Singapore are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Southeast Asia on a Shoestring tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with G Adventures. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 81 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 54 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 250 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 15 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Southeast Asia on a Shoestring tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Southeast Asia on a Shoestring tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Other Practical Information
- 1. Travel Style : 18-to-ThirtysomethingsFast, fresh, and fun adventures that never slow down, made for young, budget-minded travellers.
- 2. Service Level : BasicSimple and clean hotels and hostels; affordable public and private transport; lots of optional activities.
- 3. Physical Grading : 3 - AverageSome tours may include light hiking, biking, rafting, or kayaking in addition to walking.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.