- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 30 days
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- age requirement 15+ years old
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- This combination trip includes trips in Vietnam & Cambodia that are some of the most popular in the entire Intrepid range
- Travel by boat, train, plane, private minibus, taxi and even on the back of a motorbike!
- Angkor Wat. Need we say more? As well as a guided tour, you’ll also have a pass to cover your whole time in Siem Reap so you can explore this incredible temple complex as much and as often as you like
- Settle in for the night and experience overnight train journeys, starting from Hanoi and Bangkok and waking up ready to head out and explore Chiang Mai and Hue
Join us as we travel into the heart and soul of South East Asia. Starting off in Bangkok, get lost in the chaos of Thailand's capital city before succumbing to the slightly more relaxed pace of Chiang Mai. Cruise along the Mekong River to reach peaceful Luang Prabang, a colourful town dotted with monks, pop-up stalls and French-inspired eateries. In Vietnam, cruise through dramatic karst scenery on a boat tour of Halong Bay, travel back to the time of Vietnam’s emperors in Hue, soak up the old-world charm of Hoi An and be wowed by the endless energy of Ho Chi Minh City. Then discover Cambodia's fascinating history and culture in Phnom Penh's bustling streets and in the awe-inspiring temples of Angkor, before wrapping up the adventure back in Thailand.
Additionally, I suggest booking directly with the tour company as communication was not passed from agent company, to tour company, to me the traveler that extra hotel fees were required as the hotel had sold out of single rooms.”
Bangkok - Overnight train
Mekong River - Pak Beng
Mekong River - Luang Prabang
Hanoi – Overnight train
Ho Chi Minh City
Mekong Delta – Ho Chi Minh City
Ho Chi Minh City
Siem Reap / Angkor Wat
Siem Reap / Angkor Wat
- Guesthouse (2 nights), Hotel (24 nights), Overnight boat (1 night), Overnight sleeper train (2 nights)
- 23 Breakfasts, 4 Lunches, 2 Dinners
- Boat , Longtail boat , Overnight sleeper train , Plane , Private minibus , Public Bus , Songtheaw , Motorbike , Taxi
- An expert tour leader
- Bangkok - Khlong boat canal tour
- Bangkok - Wat Pho
- Chiang Mai - Doi Suthep temple complex
- Mekong River - 2 day boat trip
- Luang Prabang - Pak Ou Caves
- Luang Prabang - Kuang Si Waterfalls
- Luang Prabang - Alms giving ceremony
- Luang Prabang - Laos Buffalo Dairy social enterprise visit
- Luang Prabang - MandaLao Elephant Conservation trek
- Vientiane - COPE visit
- Vientiane - Wat Si Saket
- Hanoi - KOTO dinner
- Halong Bay - Overnight Boat Cruise
- Halong Bay - Cave entry
- Hue - Royal tomb of Emperor Tu Duc
- Hue - Highlights & back streets by motorbike (lunch included)
- Hue - Thien Mu Pagoda
- Hue - Motorbike Tour Lunch
- Hoi An - Old Town walking tour
- Ho Chi Minh City - War Remnants Museum
- Ho Chi Minh City - City tour
- Mekong Delta - Mekong Delta Day Trip & Village Tuk-Tuk Tour
- Mekong Delta - Lunch
- Phnom Penh - The Killing Fields of Choeung Ek
- Phnom Penh - Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum (S21)
- Kampong Luong - Tonle Sap floating village visit
- Battambang - Rural Food and Cycle Tour
- Siem Reap - Three day Angkor Pass
- Siem Reap - Angkor Temples Guided Tour
- Any international flights to/from Bangkok are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this South East Asia Loop tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 145+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this South East Asia Loop tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 09 February 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 09 February 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
South East Asia Loop tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this South East Asia Loop tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- We cover a lot of distance on this trip, including on overnight trains. Accommodation and amenities are shared and basic, but the experience of rubbing shoulders with the locals makes it all worthwhile. For more about what this experience is like, see our blog post here: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/what-to-expect-on-an-overnight
- The sightseeing tour by motorbike in Hue is great fun with bikes driven safely by professionals (and helmets provided), but alternative transport can be arranged for those who would prefer not to travel by motorbike
- It can be surprisingly cool, especially at night from November to February. Make sure you have some warm gear packed for this period so you can be comfortable
- Depending on where you come from, the weather in Vietnam might be hotter and more humid than what you are used to. We recommend checking online for what the typical temperatures will be at the time of year you are looking to travel to see what to expect - this page might be useful: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/au/vietnam/weather-in-vietnam
- Laos is less developed than many other South East Asian countries. The roads can be bumpy, delays are common, and accommodation can be basic but always clean and comfortable. A little bit of patience will go a long way towards your enjoyment of this beautiful country!
- Pak Beng, where we pause to break up our Mekong journey, is a remote and quiet town with little tourist infrastructure – a contrast to the traveller hubs of Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Vang Vieng and Luang Prabang
- Due to dam construction upstream, water levels aren't as reliable as in previous years. When the Mekong River is at its lowest from February to April, part of the journey may occasionally need to be made by land
- The stories and history shared at the Killing Fields of Choeung Ek and Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum (S21) are confronting and many travellers will find them upsetting. This is an important part of Cambodia’s recent history that we feel is important for travellers to know. If you would prefer not to join these activities your leader can recommend some optional alternatives. Some further information on visiting the Killing Fields can be found here: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/importance-visiting-cambodia-killing-fields/
- There are some long travel days by both private and public transport (up to 10 hours on the road), including the days that we cross from Vietnam to Cambodia and Cambodia to Thailand. Your leader and local guides will assist with the border crossings, but plenty of patience is advised
- At times our accommodation may not have continuous hot water. Most travellers don’t find this a problem however, and are often keen to cool down from the heat with a refreshing cold shower!
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers
Joining point description
Joining point instructions