- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 27 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Support an important animal welfare initiative and get close to incredible creatures at the Elephant Nature Park.
- Enjoy lunch on board a slow trip down the Mekong River, observing the stunning scenery and remote village life, and visiting a cave crowded with shrines – all at a relaxed pace.
- With a visit to the Hmong Hilltribe Lodge, immerse yourself in the wonders of an ancient tribal culture without compromising on creature comforts.
- Discover the French influence of the northern city of Hanoi. Be treated to an exclusive Hat Xam performance – an ancient musical art form of singing in darkness.
A realm of untold history, sprawling waterways and ancient temples, South East Asia is a wonderland for travellers and explorers alike. This adventure delves into the heart of Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam, touching on the unique charm each region has to offer. Start your adventure in bustling Bangkok and venture north, where the wildlife, history and local food brings one surprise after the next. Bring the pace down a notch as you cross into Laos and discover the ethnic cultures, glittering temples and incredible landscapes that make this destination such a Peregrine favourite. Travel into the depths of Vietnam, rich in old world culture and hidden surprises, before finally arriving in Cambodia witnessing the lost ruins of Angkor, uncovering the confronting history of the Killing Fields of Choeung Ek and the tranquillity of the Tonle Sap confluence.
Uthai Thani - Nakhon Sawan
Hmong Hilltribe Lodge (feature stay)
Ho Chi Minh City
Ho Chi Minh City
Siem Reap – Angkor Wat
Siem Reap – Angkor Wat
- Hotel (19 nights), Lodge (1 night), Resort (5 nights), Overnight Boat (1 night)
- 26 Breakfasts, 7 Lunches, 8 Dinners
- Plane , Private minibus , Boat , Tuk-Tuk , Train
- Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer
- Bangkok - Grand Palace
- Bangkok - BTS one day pass
- Bangkok - Wat Pho
- Bangkok - Khlong boat canal tour
- Kanchanaburi - Historical train ride
- Kanchanaburi - Hellfire Pass Memorial Museum
- Kanchanaburi - Kanchanaburi War Cemetery
- Kanchanaburi - Erawan National Park
- Uthai Thani - Hup Pa Tat
- Uthai Thani - Wat Tha Sung
- Uthai Thani - Traditional rice barge lunch cruise
- Sukhothai - Historical Park bike tour
- Hmong Hilltribe Lodge - Traditional meal & cultural performance
- Chiang Mai - Street food tour
- Chiang Mai - Elephant Nature Park Half Day Trip
- Chiang Mai - Buddist offering and Monk chat
- Luang Prabang - Baci welcome ceremony
- Luang Prabang - Alms giving ceremony
- Luang Prabang - Mekong River cruise & Pak Ou Caves
- Luang Prabang - Traditional Arts & Ethnology Centre
- Luang Prabang - Kuang Si Waterfalls
- Luang Prabang - Ock Pop Tok visit
- Luang Prabang - Tat Kuang Si Bear Rescue Centre
- Vientiane - Wat Si Saket
- Vientiane - Haw Pra Kaew
- Vientiane - That Luang
- Vientiane - Pratu Xai
- Vientiane - COPE visit
- Halong Bay - Overnight Boat Cruise
- Hanoi - Hat Xam performance
- Hanoi - Temple of Literature
- Hanoi - Koto Restaurant lunch
- Hanoi - One Pillar Pagoda
- Hanoi - Ho Chi Minh Complex: Ho Chi Minh, Stilt House and Museum
- Hoi An - Old Town walking tour
- Ho Chi Minh City - Cu Chi Tunnels
- Ho Chi Minh City - Reunification Palace
- Ho Chi Minh City - War Remnants Museum
- Ho Chi Minh City - Notre Dame Cathedral
- Ho Chi Minh City - City tour
- Phnom Penh - Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum (S21)
- Phnom Penh - The Killing Fields of Choeung Ek
- Phnom Penh - Royal Palace & Silver Pagoda
- Phnom Penh - Buddhist monastery visit
- Siem Reap - Countryside village walking tour
- Siem Reap - Angkor Temples Guided Tour
- Siem Reap - Three day Angkor Pass
- Siem Reap - Lunch at Sala Bai
- Siem Reap - Banteay Srei Temple visit
- Siem Reap - Dinner at Malis
- Any international flights to Bangkok and from Siem Reap are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this South East Asia Explorer tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 286+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this South East Asia Explorer tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 06 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 06 August 2021, a deposit of 600 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 55 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
South East Asia Explorer tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this South East Asia Explorer tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Temperatures and humidity can be high in South East Asia, especially when walking around sites like the Angkor complex where there may be little shade. Be prepared by taking plenty of drink breaks and wearing appropriate skin protection. Some travellers find an umbrella handy to keep the sun off (this will also come in handy should it rain!).
- Please ensure you bring sturdy walking shoes and comfortable clothes. There are a number of days when you’ll spend time walking around sites or on tours.
- You will visit a number of temples on this trip, and this requires a level of modesty. Be sure to bring clothes that cover the arms and pants or skirts that go past the knees. A light scarf is also a good idea for covering shoulders and arms when it’s hot.
- Laos is a beautifully laid-back destination, but it's also less developed than most in South East Asia, so a little bit of patience goes a long way. Roads may be bumpy and journeys may take longer than expected.
- Thailand is a big country and there are some drives on this trip of up to 6 hours. Many of these journeys, however, offer beautiful scenery and interesting snapshots of rural life.
- This trip includes a cycling tour around Sukhothai Heritage Park, so a level of confidence on a bicycle will be required. The roads are quiet with minimal traffic and within the confines of the park it will be easy going so it is certainly a leisurely ride.
- This trip includes a visit to the Cu Chi Tunnels. The majority of the visit is above ground, but you will have the option to go inside the tunnels at the end of the visit. If you are likely to feel claustrophobic, going inside the tunnels might be best avoided.
- The order of your included activities in Siem Reap may occasionally change due to weather, season or other factors. The changes are made to give you the best possible experiences and to get you to sites at the best time. Your leader will advise of any changes to the order of your included activities on day one at your group meeting.
- The bloody rule of the Khmer Rouge is a painful but important part of Cambodian history to confront. If you would rather not visit the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum (S21) and the Killing Fields of Choeung Ek, just let your leader know.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers