- duration 26 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 24
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore the sights of the bustling Thai capital of Bangkok
- Explore the vast royal complex of Bangkok's Grand Palace
- Full day tour of the incredible temples at Angkor Wat and Angkor Thom
- Explore the amazing preAngkorian temple complex of Sambor Prei Kuk
This is a fantastic South East Asia overland journey that links Laos, Cambodia and Thailand together. We have a couple of weeks in Laos, so there’s plenty of time to slowly explore this beautiful and serene country, with its history, wonderful people and stunning landscapes. By the time we get to Cambodia we will be fully in tune with the Mekong and its stunning sunset views, but there are few better than at Kratie in the northeast of Cambodia. Cambodia's modern history is not a happy one, but Phnom Penh wears it with resilience in public and no visitor can be left unmoved by their visit to this lovely Mekong City. Of course, no trip to this country would be complete without a thorough exploration of the many incredible temples surrounding Angkor Wat.
Day 1: Kunming
Day 2: Shilin Stone Forest
Day 3: Xishuangbanna
Day 4: Jinghong
Day 5: Luang Namtha
Day 6: Luang Namtha
Day 7: Luang Namtha
Day 8: Luang Prabang
Day 9: Luang Prabang
Day 10: Luang Prabang
Day 11: Vang Vieng
Day 12: Vang Vieng
Day 13: Thakhek
Day 14: Pakse
Day 15: Si Phan Don
Day 16: Si Phan Don
Day 17: Kratie
Day 18: Kratie
Day 19: Phnom Penh
Day 20: Phnom Penh
Day 21: Kompong Thom
Day 22: Siem Reap
Day 23: Angkor Wat
Day 24: Siem Reap
Day 25: Bangkok
Day 26: Bangkok
- Overland Expedition Vehicle, Private Bus, Tuk Tuk, Boat
- Two Dragoman Crew Members, Local Guides where necessary, Local Crew Member in certain areas
- Comfortable Hotel 5 nights
- Basic Hotel 7 nights
- Guesthouse 11 nights
- Camping without facilities 1 night
- Homestay 1 night
- 28 Breakfasts
- 2 Lunches
- 4 Dinners
- Any international flights to Bangkok and from Kunming are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this South China & Indochina Explorer tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 152+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this South China & Indochina Explorer tour. You can cancel the tour up to 61 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 60 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 15 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 15 August 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 60 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
South China & Indochina Explorer tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this South China & Indochina Explorer tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Local Payment The local payment is a group fund, paid separately from the trip price on the first day of the tour. It covers everything that the group does together on the ground. This is primarily hotel accommodation and campsite fees, meals whilst camping (but not while eating in restaurants), and included activities and puts money directly back to the local community. The local payment, or kitty system, is unique to overlanding tours and provides maximum flexibility and best value on the road - you can see exactly what is being paid for, you get everything at cost price, it keeps costs competitive by leveraging group expenses and saves on administrative costs. The fund is run by the tour guide, and any excess left over at the end is returned equally to the group. Local prices are estimated in USD when we print the brochure then reviewed monthly as local costs and exchange rates vary throughout the year. It's therefore important once you book your trip to check the website regularly and just before departure for any changes to the amount.