- Getaways and short breaks
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 3 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Explore the ancient and modern history of Thailand with a threeday trip from Bangkok, taking in Kanchanaburi and Ayutthaya.
- Uncover a golden age of Siam with the royal residences and atmospheric temples of ancient Ayutthaya.
- Swim in idyllic rock pools fed by waterfalls in the seventiered Erawan National Park.
- Take a ride on the Death Railway and learn all about this tragic part of history at the Hellfire Pass Memorial Museum.
Leave behind the fast-moving streets of the Thai capital and take time out to experience Ayutthaya, a World Heritage-listed wonder near the border of Burma (Myanmar). Explore this ancient Siam capital with a knowledgeable local guide, and bear witness to timeworn temples, bell-shaped chedis and intricately carved relics of Thailand’s golden era. Travel onwards to the shady town of Kanchanaburi and pay tribute to the brave POWs who perished while building the infamous Hellfire Pass and Bridge on the River Kwai. Delve further into World War II history on a visit to the War Museum and Allied Cemetery before this historical sojourn completes the loop back in Bangkok. End the journey amid the buzz of night markets, sidewalk restaurants and colourful, chaotic streets.
- Hotel (2 nights)
- 2 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch
- Private minibus , Songthaew
- An expert tour leader
- Ayutthaya - Ayutthaya Historical Park
- Bang Pa Inn Palace - Summer Palace
- Kanchanaburi - Erawan National Park
- Kanchanaburi - Hellfire Pass Memorial Museum
- Kanchanaburi - Historical Train Journey
- Kanchanaburi - Saamlaw Tour (WWII museum, Allied War Cemetery, Bridge over River Kwai)
- Any international flights to/from Bangkok are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this River Kwai & Ancient Thai Kingdoms tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 20+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this River Kwai & Ancient Thai Kingdoms tour. You can cancel the tour up to 28 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 27 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 October 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 27 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
River Kwai & Ancient Thai Kingdoms tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this River Kwai & Ancient Thai Kingdoms tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This trip will run with a minimum of one person, so you may be joined by other travellers booked on the same date as you, or you may be on your own.
- This trip starts early on Day 1 and finishes in the afternoon on Day 3. Therefore we recommend you book pre- and post-accommodation in Bangkok in conjunction with this trip. Our sales team can assist with these extra nights.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.
Last modified (date)
Finish point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Your fellow travellers
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description