- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 3 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore the ancient and modern history of Thailand with a threeday trip from Bangkok, taking in Kanchanaburi and Ayutthaya.
- Uncover a golden age of Siam with the royal residences and atmospheric temples of ancient Ayutthaya.
- Swim in idyllic rock pools fed by waterfalls in the seventiered Erawan National Park.
- Take a ride on the Death Railway and learn all about this tragic part of history at the Hellfire Pass Memorial Museum.
Leave behind the fast-moving streets of the Thai capital and take time out to experience Ayutthaya, a World Heritage-listed wonder near the border of Burma (Myanmar). Explore this ancient Siam capital with a knowledgeable local guide, and bear witness to timeworn temples, bell-shaped chedis and intricately carved relics of Thailand’s golden era. Travel onwards to the shady town of Kanchanaburi and pay tribute to the brave POWs who perished while building the infamous Hellfire Pass and Bridge on the River Kwai. Delve further into World War II history on a visit to the War Museum and Allied Cemetery before this historical sojourn completes the loop back in Bangkok. End the journey amid the buzz of night markets, sidewalk restaurants and colourful, chaotic streets.
- Hotel (2 nights)
- 2 Breakfast, 1 Lunch
- Private minibus , Songthaew
- Ayuthaya Historical Park
- Bang Pa Inn Palace Summer Palace
- Kanchanaburi - Erawan National Park
- Kanchanaburi - Hellfire Pass Memorial Museum
- Kanchanaburi - Historical Train Journey
- Saamlaw Tour (WWII museum, Allied War Cemetery, Bridge over River Kwai)
- Any international flights to/from Bangkok are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this River Kwai & Ancient Thai Kingdoms tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 22+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this River Kwai & Ancient Thai Kingdoms tour. You can cancel the tour up to 58 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 57 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 57 days before departure. For any departures within 05 June 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
River Kwai & Ancient Thai Kingdoms tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this River Kwai & Ancient Thai Kingdoms tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.
Last modified (date)
Finish point instructions
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description