- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18-29 yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Wander around the Buddhist temples of Ayutthaya, exploring the bygone era of the Kingdom of Siam.
- Get your street food fix in bustling Bangkok and hit the nightlife in cruisy Chiang Mai, where the Nimman area is swarming with hipster bars and lounges.
- Trek deep – super deep – into the northern Thai hinterland staying in a traditional hilltribe village, eating and laughing with the locals.
- Learn the art of Muay Thai with a class in Chiang Mai. You’ll be defending yourself in no time!
Head into the hills and get sky high on this northern Thailand adventure. Pass through the bustling hub of Thailand’s capital, Bangkok, and take the time to check out the temples in Ayutthaya.Trek the hillside outside of Chiang Mai, and explore the city and its colourful nightlife. This eight-day exploration of temples, jungles, markets and mountains is sure get your heart pumping and your stomach rumbling.
Ayutthaya - Overnight Train
Chiang Mai - Hilltribe Trek
Hilltribe Trek - Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai - Overnight sleeper train
- Hostel (3 nights), Hotel (1 nights), Overnight sleeper train (2 nights), Hilltrive Village House (1 night)
- 4 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches, 1 Dinner
- Private mini van , Overnight sleeper train , day train , Songthaew , Tuk-tuk
- An expert tour leader
- Ayutthaya - Historical Park
- Doi Inthanont - 2 dayHilltribe trek
- Chiang Mai - Muay Thai Class (Thai boxing)
- Any international flights to/from Bangkok are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this One Week in Northern Thailand tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 26+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this One Week in Northern Thailand tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 23 days before departure. For any departures within 17 December 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
One Week in Northern Thailand tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this One Week in Northern Thailand tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This trip includes a two-day hillside trek, and can involve a lot of walking. Please ensure you bring sturdy walking shoes and comfortable clothes. To make the most of the trip, it's best if you have at least a moderate level of fitness.
- Accommodation can be basic but it's always comfortable, especially in the hillside village.
- We use hostels on this trip in Chiang Mai, so think dorm beds and shared bathrooms. It’s modern, comfortable and has some great communal spaces to hang out with your new mates.
- Part of travelling with Intrepid means respecting local cultures and sensibilities. That way you get the most out of your interactions with local people. We visit a number of temples on this trip, which requires a certain level of modesty. Please bring clothes that cover the arms and pants/skirts that go past the knees. A light scarf is also a good idea for covering shoulders and arms when it’s hot.
- This trip involves some long journeys on the road, lots of public transport (songthaews, public buses) and two overnight trains, which can be tiresome. Although conditions are basic, overnight trains are a true local experience and the best way to travel long distances, meet locals and maximise time at your destinations. Occasionally passengers of different genders will be required to share a compartment and/or you'll be sharing with locals or travellers from other groups. For your own security, take a lock for your luggage.
- As this is a Basix trip, the majority of activities are optional and you'll have lots of free time. This means you're able to do your own thing at your own pace.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers