- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18-39 yrs
- Experience the bustle of Bangkok.
- Explore the vibrancy of Chiang Mai.
- Trek through northern hilltribes and meet the locals.
- Float downstream on a bamboo raft.
Now's the time to explore northern Thailand on your terms with this tour that's affordable for young travellers. Take in the gleaming high-rises and bustling pace of Bangkok, go face-to-face with the colourful cultures of hilltribe communities, and keep up with the night markets and cuisine of Chiang Mai. Take on Southeast Asia with us, and you'll find the perfect balance of fun and flexibility to help you make the most of it all.
Day 1: Bangkok
Day 2: Bangkok/Chiang Mai
Day 3: Chiang Mai
Day 4: Chiang Mai/Ban Mae Jok
Day 5: Ban Mae Jok/Pa Khao Lam
Day 6: Pa Khao Lam/Chiang Mai
Day 7: Chiang Mai/Bangkok
Day 8: Bangkok
- Simple hotels (twin-share) or hostels (multi-share) (3 nts), basic hilltribe huts (2 nts, multi-share), sleeper trains (2 nts).
5 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 dinners
Note: Allow USD65-85 for meals not included.
- Local bus, songthaew, train, walking, river raft.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, trekking staff.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your Discover Moment: Bangkok
- Your Discover Moment: Chiang Mai
- Hilltribe trek
- Bamboo rafting
- Street food crawl
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to/from Bangkok are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Northern Thailand: Hilltribes & Villages tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with G Adventures. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 26 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 17 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Northern Thailand: Hilltribes & Villages tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Northern Thailand: Hilltribes & Villages tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Other Practical Information
- 1. Travel Style : 18-to-ThirtysomethingsFast, fresh, and fun adventures that never slow down, made for young, budget-minded travellers.
- 2. Service Level : BasicSimple and clean hotels and hostels; affordable public and private transport; lots of optional activities.
- 3. Physical Grading : 3 - AverageSome tours may include light hiking, biking, rafting, or kayaking in addition to walking.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.