- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18-39 yrs
- max group size 18
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Experience the bustle of Bangkok.
- Explore the vibrancy of Chiang Mai.
- Trek through northern hilltribes and meet the locals.
- Float downstream on a bamboo raft.
Now's the time to explore northern Thailand on your terms with this tour that's affordable for young travellers. Take in the gleaming high-rises and bustling pace of Bangkok, go face-to-face with the colourful cultures of hilltribe communities, and keep up with the night markets and cuisine of Chiang Mai. Take on Southeast Asia with us, and you'll find the perfect balance of fun and flexibility to help you make the most of it all.
Day 1: Bangkok
Day 2: Bangkok/Chiang Mai
Day 3: Chiang Mai
Day 4: Chiang Mai/Ban Mae Jok
Day 5: Ban Mae Jok/Pa Khao Lam
Day 6: Pa Khao Lam/Chiang Mai
Day 7: Chiang Mai/Bangkok
Day 8: Bangkok
- Simple hotels (twin-share) (3 nts), basic hilltribe huts (2 nts, multi-share), sleeper trains (2 nts).
5 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 dinners
Note: Allow USD65-85 for meals not included.
- Local bus, songthaew, train, walking, river raft.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, trekking staff.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your First Night Out Moment: Connect With New Friends
- Your Discover Moment: Bangkok
- Your Discover Moment: Chiang Mai
- Your Big Night Out Moment: Chiang Mai Celebration, Chiang Mai
- Hilltribe trek
- Bamboo rafting
- Street food crawl
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to/from Bangkok are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Northern Thailand: Hilltribes & Villages tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 25 today.
- Earn US$ 17+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Northern Thailand: Hilltribes & Villages tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 29 April 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 29 April 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Northern Thailand: Hilltribes & Villages tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Northern Thailand: Hilltribes & Villages tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
Minimum age of 18 years for this trip.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : 18-to-ThirtysomethingsFast, fresh, and fun adventures that never slow down, made for young, budget-minded travellers.
- 2. Service Level : BasicSimple and clean hotels and hostels; affordable public and private transport; lots of optional activities.
- 3. Physical Grading : 3 - AverageSome tours may include light hiking, biking, rafting, or kayaking in addition to walking.
- 4. Merchandising : Book Your BubbleThe Book Your Bubble Collection is a collection of 80 G Adventures tours that give travellers and their hand-picked crew the safety of travelling with people they know, combined with extra benefits for booking private travel.
- 5. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- This tour has been limited to a group size of 12 participants to protect against COVID-19. The tour will furthermore adhere to any local government restrictions on group sizes to ensure that everybody are kept safe.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.