- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Support an important animal welfare initiative and get close to incredible creatures at the Elephant Nature Park
- Visit the home of the infamous ‘Bridge over the River Kwai’, learn about its dark history and the construction of the railway during the war
- Your 1 night feature stay at the Hmong Hilltribe Lodge will allow you to immerse yourself in tribal culture without compromising on creature comforts.
- Enjoy a boat trip on the Mekong River, observing stunning scenery and riverside French villas along the way. Stop by the Pak Ou Caves, known for the hundreds of shrines and miniature Buddhist statues that line their walls.
Thailand and Laos are two of South East Asia’s most exciting destinations, and this adventure delivers a heady combination mix of rural adventure and urban pulse. Begin in bustling Bangkok and venture north, where the landscape, history and local food brings one surprise after the next. Bring the pace down a notch as you cross into Laos and discover the ethnic cultures, glittering temples and incredible scenery that make this destination such a Peregrine favourite.
Uthai Thani - Nakhon Sawan
Hmong Hilltribe Lodge (feature stay)
- Hotel (6 nights), Resort (4 nights), Feature stay Hmong Hilltribe Lodge (1 night), Feature stay Sada Hotel (3 nts)
- 14 Breakfasts, 4 Lunches, 5 Dinners
- Plane , Train , Tuk-Tuk , Private vehicle , Boat
- Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer
- Bangkok - Grand Palace
- Bangkok - BTS one day pass
- Bangkok - Wat Pho
- Bangkok - Khlong boat canal tour
- Kanchanaburi - Historical train ride
- Kanchanaburi - Hellfire Pass Memorial Museum
- Kanchanaburi - Kanchanaburi War Cemetery
- Kanchanaburi - Erawan National Park
- Uthai Thani - Hup Pa Tat
- Uthai Thani - Wat Tha Sung
- Uthai Thani - Traditional rice barge lunch cruise
- Sukhothai - Historical Park bike tour
- Hmong Hilltribe Lodge - Traditional meal & cultural performance
- Chiang Mai - Street food tour
- Chiang Mai - Elephant Nature Park Half Day Trip
- Chiang Mai - Buddist offering and Monk chat
- Luang Prabang - Baci welcome ceremony
- Luang Prabang - Alms giving ceremony
- Luang Prabang - Mekong River cruise & Pak Ou Caves
- Luang Prabang - Traditional Arts & Ethnology Centre
- Luang Prabang - Kuang Si Waterfalls
- Luang Prabang - Ock Pop Tok visit
- Luang Prabang - Tat Kuang Si Bear Rescue Centre
- Vientiane - Wat Si Saket
- Vientiane - Haw Pra Kaew
- Vientiane - That Luang
- Vientiane - Pratu Xai
- Vientiane - COPE visit
- Any international flights to Bangkok and from Vientiane are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Northern Thailand & Laos Experience tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 155+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Northern Thailand & Laos Experience tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 29 January 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 29 January 2021, a deposit of 600 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 55 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Northern Thailand & Laos Experience tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Northern Thailand & Laos Experience tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- The heat can be challenging in South East Asia. Be sure to dress accordingly and stay hydrated, especially in April and May.
- Thailand is a big country and there are some drives on this trip of up to 6 hours. Many of these journeys, however, offer beautiful scenery and interesting snapshots of rural life.
- This trip includes a cycling tour around Sukhothai Heritage Park, so a level of confidence on a bicycle will be required. The roads are quiet with minimal traffic and within the confines of the park it will be easy going so it is certainly a leisurely ride.
- You will visit a number of temples which requires a level of modesty. All travellers will need to bring clothes that cover the arms and pants or skirts that go past the knees. A light scarf or long sleeve shirt is also a good idea for covering shoulders and arms when it’s hot.
- Laos is a beautifully laid-back destination, but it's also less developed than most in South East Asia, so a little bit of patience goes a long way. Roads may be bumpy and journeys may take longer than expected.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers
Finish point description
Finish point instructions